fifteen.

"So which one are you fucking?" Gia's question packed a punch despite the nonchalant tone in her delivery.

Lexi choked on her drink, making the liquid burn her throat even more than it already did as she coughed. "I beg your pardon?"

The two girls sat in a private room at some over-the-top wine bar, sipping on moscato as they waited for the boys to arrive. It was their long overdue catch-up session.

Nick and Lexi had arrived back in London right after Saudi Arabia for the week between the races, her for work, him to see family. In the mess of it all, they had somehow convinced Danny to come join them as he had business there for a few days anyway.

Gia looked at her best friend accusingly. "Don't tell me you've been around all these gorgeous men for weeks and haven't been dicked down yet." If that was the case, this was a different Lexi than the one Gia knew and loved.

"I'm here working," Lexi reminded her. She didn't even bother hiding her appall at such an accusation. "How dare you insinuate I'm sleeping with people in my professional environment."

"Cut the bullshit. That's never stopped you before," Gia laughed, setting her wine glass down. An evil grin touched her features as she crossed her arms to assert herself. "You and I know damn well that those fading bruises on your hips were not from your own clumsiness."

It was official. The torture from her little family was never ending. She was under constant attack by Danny, Nick, and now Gia. Nothing in her life was sacred these days, but she couldn't appear weak to their strikes either.

"Georgia Marie Clark, were you taking a sneaky peek while I was changing?" Lexi gasped dramatically. She threw her napkin at her friend for emphasis, causing them both to fall into giggles.

"Okay, but be honest, who in the world are you getting freaky in bed with?" Gia pressed on, needing some spicy detail.

Selective truths. That was the tactic Lexi would go for when it came to Gia, at least until this bet between her and Lando was nullified.

Lying to Danny and Nick was a lot easier than lying to Gia when it came to her romantic life. At least her two brothers didn't meddle unless it was absolutely necessary for them to get involved. They didn't need the details.

Gia was a different story. She needed to know everything so she could gain secondhand satisfaction from Lexi's adventures. Whether it was a one night stand or blooming relationship, she wanted to know all about it. As Lexi's best friend, she was also a little better at picking up when she was lying, so Lexi knew she had to be extra careful to control her words and expressions.

"Just a guy who works within the organization, not a big deal," Lexi forced. She took a long sip of her wine, willing it to cool whatever heat was rising to her cheeks from the white lie.

"What about drivers though? And I mean besides the devil incarnate." The term Gia used to describe Lando was humorous, and perhaps a bit over the top, but to each their own.

Lexi's fingernail tapped against the wine glass, her mind flipping through the drivers like a deck of cards, trying to remember which ones weren't currently in committed relationships.

"Out of the ones on the market? Lando's the best option," she admitted, knowing her words held the force of a grenade in the kingdom of Georgia Clark.

"Absolutely the fuck not." Gia's disapproval was instantaneous, as expected. "I'm gonna pretend you didn't even say that."

"Oh come on, "Lexi laughed. "Me being a hoe is okay, but not with him? What do you really have against him?"

"Who are we against?" Danny asked, popping his head through the door curiously. He stepped into the room with Nick following behind. Divine timing, indeed.