nine.

driver #3

driver #3

I'm outside.

enemy's bff

The fuck you mean???

driver #3

We're going for a midnight drive??

enemy's bff

Sir what if i'm not home??

driver #3

Out without me??

Where are you??

enemy's bff

Home lmao

driver #3

Three minutes. Get ur ass moving

--

"Oh my god," Lexi drawled. "Do you like, drive for Mclaren?" The question came out in the best California valley girl accent she could muster.

As soon as she stepped out of the high-rise apartment complex, she had basically ran to the car and slid into the passenger's seat as fast as possible. There was absolutely nothing subtle about the car he decided to pull up in besides the fact it was a sleek black color. It didn't matter that it was dark outside, the street lights were enough to draw attention to the vehicle.

Lando leaned towards the passenger's seat, raising his forefinger to her lips to silence her. "Lower your voice. You can't go around revealing my true identity like that," he whispered, eyes darting out the tinted windows as if looking for any security threats

The two of them burst into laughter as he pulled away from the building of her and Gia's new home.

"No, but you seriously could have given me a bit of a warning instead of showing up in the dead of the night in a supercar of all things," she nagged while fastening her seatbelt.

"Someone told me surprises were romantic," he replied, stealing a quick glance at her. Despite the annoyance in her voice, he caught the corners of her mouth twitching into a smile.

"And they are," Lexi agreed. She relaxed, pulling her legs up to curl into the seat. "But not when you have to lie to your best friend about why you're going out in the middle of the night."

"Yeah? And where did you tell Georgia you were going at this hour?" Curiosity laced his voice, but his eyes remained focused on the road as he drove through the city streets.

"I told her I was going to hook up with a guy I matched with on Hinge," Lexi replied nonchalantly. What else was she supposed to say as a valid reason to leave the house at near midnight? The number of unsuspicious answers were slim to begin with.

His grip tightened around the steering wheel as her words processed in his mind. Whether it was an involuntary response or not didn't matter. The idea of Lexi using a dating app bothered him.

"And she didn't even question you about it?" He asked begrudgingly.

"Of course not," she shook her head. "She just assumed I was going through a hoe phase now that I'm in a new city and freshly single."

"Are you on the dating apps at the moment?"

"And if I am?" With a smile, Lexi batted her eyelashes, watching his side profile carefully. Taunting him had become her absolute favorite form of entertainment recently. When a response didn't come from him, she pressed on. "I don't recall us making any rules about being exclusive."