Origin II

Arthur's Perspective (Age 14):

Rain. It's all there ever was, ever since Mama passed away. She never looked sick, though. How did she die? I thought we couldn't... I thought only humans could die. Boy, was I wrong. Dad's taking it even harder than I did. He's been sitting inside his office drinking; it's all he ever does. I wonder when he'll come out. In the meantime, I have lessons to get to. If I'm late, I'll be punished.

Jin Yamamoto's Perspective (Arthur's Father):

I sit alone in my dimly lit study, surrounded by empty bottles that bear witness to my descent into despair. My trembling hand reaches for another bottle, the burn of alcohol offering a temporary reprieve from the anguish that consumes me. "Why did she leave me?" I slurred, the words escaping my lips in a bitter lament. "How could she leave me? I needed her," I choke on the words, the pain of loss tightening its grip around my heart. I had sought solace in the numbing embrace of alcohol, drowning my sorrows in a haze of intoxication. As the head of the Yamamoto clan, I had once commanded respect and authority, but now I am a mere shadow of my former self. The death of my beloved wife has shattered me, leaving behind a shattered husk consumed by self-destructive tendencies. Yet, even in my darkest moments, a small voice whispers in the recesses of my mind, urging me to confront my demons and reclaim my dignity. But for now, I remain trapped in a cycle of despair, lost in a sea of alcohol-fueled sorrow.

I know deep down that drowning myself in sex and alcohol won't bring her back. It's a selfish distraction, I admit, and it's cruel towards my sons and daughters. But the pain is unbearable, and in the numbness of these vices, I find a temporary escape from the relentless ache in my heart. I'm aware of the damage it's causing, not just to myself but to those who depend on me. Yet, in this moment of weakness, I'm unable to break free from the grip of my grief. It's a vicious cycle, one that I know I must eventually confront if I am to honor her memory and be the father my children deserve. But for now, I'm lost in the depths of my own despair, seeking solace in the fleeting distractions that offer me fleeting respite from the agony of her absence.

Third-Person Perspective:

The woman stood outside Jin's study, her blood-red skin radiating a unique allure. Despite its unusual hue, it held a captivating quality. Two sets of horns protruded from her forehead, adding to her otherworldly appearance. Her eyes, a vivid green reminiscent of a forest nymph's, seemed to hold secrets untold. Her hair, as black as the deepest abyss, contrasted sharply with her crimson complexion, adding to her mystique.

Yet, despite her striking features, an air of suspicion hung about her. Perhaps it was the unnaturally sharp teeth that peeked from behind her lips, hinting at a primal nature. Or maybe it was the bloodlust gleaming in her eyes, a hunger for something beyond mortal comprehension. Whatever the reason, there was an undeniable aura of danger surrounding her presence.

As she stood outside Jin's study, a faint smirk played upon her lips, betraying a hidden agenda. Whatever her intentions, one thing was certain: encountering this enigmatic woman would undoubtedly lead to unforeseen consequences.

This woman's name is Yui, and she is the daughter of Hell's Oni King. She was one of Jin's many concubines.

Yui: (Inner Monologue) Took a while for the poison to kick in. Thankfully, the bitch is dead, and Jin is mine. All that's left is her little runt. After he's gone, I'll be the matriarch, and my Kaito will be the next clan head.

Yui's smile was unsettling. She was definitely what Lady Macbeth expected when she said, "Look like the innocent flower, but be the serpent under."

She stopped smiling altogether, put on a worried look, and then knocked on Jin's study.