Origin I

No One's Pov:

The clash of steel, a symphony in strife,
Brothers entwined in the dance of life.
Only one shall emerge, destiny unfair,
As the heir, victorious, breathes the air.

Beneath the moon's cold and watchful gaze,
Their bond now shattered in a sibling's blaze.
Each swing of the sword, a painful prayer,
Yet only one shall the throne declare.

Through the echoes of battle, fate unfurls,
A legacy stained as the conflict swirls.
Blood on the hands of kin so rare,
In the night's silence, the victor's glare.

Arthur stood over his younger brother, his vicious glare softening into a caring gaze.

Arthur: It's over, brother. Please, let's stop this madness. It doesn't have to end this way.

Younger Brother: Don't call me Brother; you're not my brother. I'm supposed to be the heir, not you. I have noble blood; you're nothing but a filthy half-breed.

Arthur: Blood doesn't define family. We share a bond that goes beyond noble titles. I won't let our differences tear us apart.

Younger Brother: You always had the luxury of seeing things through your tainted perspective. I won't stand by while you tarnish our family name.

Arthur: The true strength of our family lies in unity, not in titles. I'm willing to find common ground. Let's build a legacy together.

Younger Brother: Legacy? You've always been the one to compromise, to settle for less. I won't allow our family to be weakened by your mediocrity.

Arthur: Strength isn't just in power or titles; it's in understanding, compassion, and compromise. Our family can be great if we stand together.

Younger Brother: I'll never accept you as the rightful heir. Our paths diverge here, Arthur. Prepare for the consequences of your misguided ideals.

Arthur: Kaito, I won't give up on you or our family. When you're ready to see beyond titles, I'll be here.

Kaito: No, I won't. Kill me, at least honor me, prove you're not a pathetic half-breed.

Arthur: If being the heir of this clan means murdering one's own kin, then I want no part of it.

Arthur turned around to walk back into the family compound. It was a traditional Japanese mansion, vast and expansive, resembling a small village in its sheer size. As Arthur proceeded, the weight of the consequences for not adhering to the tradition of Shitou became increasingly apparent.

Failure to fulfill the Shitou tradition and not honorably defeating his brother meant Arthur would forfeit his claim to clan heir. Excommunication awaited him, and the harsh punishment of having his arm ceremoniously burnt loomed over his future. The grandeur of the mansion now held an ominous air, signaling the impending consequences of his choices.

????? Pov

Confused, huh? Of course, you are, but a mortal; let's take this story from the top, shall we?

Rewind⏪️

No One's Pov

The sound of a woman grunting in pain and cussed out at the man standing next to her held her hand as she was giving birth. The woman had a Southern African American accent; she yelled, screamed while her husband tried to calm her down. The midwife gave her words of encouragement.

Women: Jin, I swear I'm gonna wring your neck!

Jin: Belle dear, please calm yourself. I know you're in pain, but bear with me just a bit longer.