CHAPTER 26 - RESTAURANT

Side story 8. - Fluttering Memories (Grace and Felix)

GRACE FELT her insides churned as she throws up her breakfast to the sink. Then she felt Felix's large hand caress her back, trying to sooth her.

When she can no longer vomit anything, she rinses her mouth with water and spits it into the sink. She slowly turned to Felix when she was done as she wipes her arms in her trembling mouth.

She was trying to stabilize her irregular breathing. Her eyes caught his and she saw how worried he was as he looked at her.

He held her face on both of his hands and his thumbs softly caressed her cheeks, actually calming her.

"Are you okay?" He asked in an anxious tone.

She was still a bit dizzy and her head was pounding a little so she was not able to answer him immediately.

"Grace?"

Finally able to regain herself, she found her voice. "Yeah... I'm fine." She said. She gave him an assuring smile. She finds it very ironic when she was the one who was worried a few moments ago.

And now, he was the one asking her if she's fine.

When the frown on his face remained, she chuckled and pats his head twice. "Stop looking so worried Felix... It was probably because of the strawberries...they smell kind of rotten."

His frown deepened. "But they were still fresh...freshly picked at that. Mom ensured it because that's what I said to her, to get the freshest ones."

Felix went to the table and took one strawberry form the container and smelled it. "They smell fresh to me."

She goes to him and takes a whiff of the fruit. Then she immediately covered her nose. It still smelled rottenly bad to her.

Oh no...could it be?

That she dislikes strawberries now?

NOOO...She whined inside her head. That can't be...Strawberries are her favorite fruit in the world! But now...they just smell really bad to her. Like overly ripe strawberries starting to decompose. She hopes that just with these ones.

"I don't know Felix. But they just smell bad for me. Maybe I'm not fond with these kind of strawberries."

But who was she kidding. She was dreading to eat those strawberries. Especially when they're that red and luscious and delicious-looking.

Felix took a bite from the one he's holding. And she almost drooled because of the way how he sexily did it. "They taste really sweet."

"Please don't make me jealous. I'm already frustrated that I can't eat them." She really, really want them so bad, but whenever she gets close and takes in their smell, she could feel a bile trying to rise up again so she is not going to push it.

"But babe...I specifically got them for you." He said in a disappointed tone. "But if you can't eat them, then we better throw them away then. Your health is more important than these strawberries." He said and carried the container with the precious fruit towards the trash bin. Her eyes widened and her heart constricted upon the thought of them being wasted.

"Wait, Felix! Don't throw them!" She stopped him before he could throw them to the bin.

"But you can't eat them. And they're making you throw up."

"It's fine...We'll just give them to somebody else since you said that they're fine. Maybe there is just something wrong with me today. Maybe I was just stressed out too much, that's why my stomach is this sensitive."