CHAPTER 3 - CONTRACT

THERE WAS an awkward silence as the two newly engaged couple ride together inside the elevator. Jewel narrated to herself.

'Engage couple! What the heck!'

She decided to visit New York for a vacation and fresh air. She never had remembered 'engagement' being included on her list, not even on her mother's. But here she is, engaged right off the bat upon arriving at New York.

She sighed mentally. She shouldn't stress herself with this kind of things. Stress has never been good to anybody.

If it is really what Grandpa wants, she'll just have to oblige. She loves that old man. He was really kind to her all through her life. He's like an additional grandparent to her.

Besides, it's not going to be permanent anyways. Just for six months. Strictly six months.

'Yeah, I think I can bear something like this for six months...I hope.'

She is just wondering what is making Grandpa so desperate into forcing them into doing it.

The elevator chimed and opened to the floor where her future husband's penthouse is located.

Another thing that has been confusing her in this segment is why does she have to live with him in his penthouse? She was supposed to stay at a hotel, courtesy by her Grandpa Fred. She'll be much more comfortable there.

Phoenix was being silent all the time. From the moment they left the restaurant, throughout the car ride, until here.

He leads her towards the end of the floor and in front of the door.

'This is probably where his pad is located.'

Jewel just scanned the floor as she waited for Phoenix to finish typing up his password and scanning his biometrics on the secured door.

"This building sure has a really tight security." She commented and follows Phoenix inside the room.

Phoenix started removing his shoes and socks. "Of course. Only high elite people live inside this condominium. Sons and daughters of overprotective business and high society parents. They would obviously want only what's best for their precious heirs." He replied to her statement as he removes his jacket, leaving only his t-shirt, and showing off his huge biceps and triceps...which in her opinion...is really attractive.

"Come on, I'll show you to your room." He said.

They reached a clearly unused room, next to his own. When he opened the door, she can almost see nothing because of the dim light.

Phoenix search for something in a wall, then she heard a click and the room was finally illuminated.

"This is the guest room of my penthouse. I never really had any visitors since I don't like bringing people to my house. But you get to use it since...well, I don't have a choice but to let you use it." He said with a shrug.

"Well, thanks for the hospitality."

"You can re-design it however you want. I don't care, as long as you don't disturb my life for the next six months. Ugh...these clothes are hot." He complained and annoyingly removes his shirt, leaving him shirtless and half-naked on the process.

Jewel immediately closed her eyes because of the view.

She cannot understand why she is closing her damn eyes, because she is used in seeing half-naked bodies where she volunteers, but this is a different situation.

She has never seen a body as beautiful as his.

'Damn that hot body of his!' She said to herself. Its awakening something inside her that she knows shouldn't be awakened. She is still a woman for goodness sake.