CHAPTER 11 - RECLAIM

Side story 3. - Fluttering Memories (Grace and Felix)

"MA'AM CARISSA?"

What is her boss's ex-girlfriend doing here?

Why did she visit him all of a sudden?

Why now?

All of these questions kept ringing inside her head.

Carissa Davis, Felix's ex-girlfriend and the person who is one of the reasons as to why the accident happened to her boss.

She knows that it is not right to accuse her for everything that has happened since it was Felix was the one who chased her. But she can't stop herself from blaming the woman a little.

This time, it was her who tightened her hold to Felix's hand which actually made Felix turn to her with a confused look.

"Felix? Baby?" Carissa uttered with a surprisingly genuine concerned voice and rushed towards Felix to hug him...tight around his neck.

Felix on the other hand, has a frown plastered all over his face.

It's not the same Felix whenever Carissa was around. Usually, he would hug her back and caress her hair and whisper how much he loves her, gently into her ears, making her chuckle afterwards.

It was the scene that she has gotten used to. Not this one. Felix has no response to the affection that Carissa is giving him.

She imagined that if Felix didn't lose any of his memories, he would've been crying out for joy seeing the woman he loves rushing back into his arms again.

But then again, that is not the situation.

Right now, Felix is looking at her as if he was trying to beg her to help him with his situation.

"Uhm...Excuse me Ma'am Carissa, but Sir Davidson is getting a little overwhelmed with your sudden greetings." She said as she tried to pry her away from him as politely as possible.

And she was successful enough to make her release him.

With a confused look, Carissa asked her calmly, "What did you mean by overwhelmed?" Carissa looks at Felix who was looking at her intently while still holding her hand, which turned to be a habit for him.

Carissa's eyes then went down to her and Felix's interlacing hands. And her eyes widened upon seeing that.

"W-what...what's going on?...Grace? What happened to Felix? Why is he acting like he doesn't know me?" She asked her in a desperate tone.

She sighed and looked at Felix before giving Carissa the answer she probably wouldn't want to hear. "Because he doesn't."

Carissa's eyes widened and held so many emotions: sadness, fear, regret and despair.

Seeing the typical sophisticated and composed Carissa slowly freaking out is totally new to her.

Carissa has always been a girlfriend material. Beautiful, caring, kind, sweet and gentle, plus she loves Felix so damn much. It was clear before her own eyes. She was actually rooting that they would end up together one day.

But that changed when she decided to leave him hanging and kneeling on the center of the cold floor of the romantically decorated restaurant, with a heart bleeding because of a broken promise, clutching his supposed to be assurance of a life with her close to his heart, resulting to an accident that almost took his life.

"What do you mean? I don't understand."

She sighed once again. "Can we have this conversation outside? It might confuse my boss if we talk about everything in front of him."