The True Strength of Shinobi

Start from the beginning

Minato nodded so fast that Kushina was sure he had used his bloodline for that. Finally, Naruto gave them a small smile and said, "Congratulations on getting together! I always expected it to happen."

Minato and Kushina shared a relieved smile, and Minato pulled Kushina into a one-armed hug. The young couple was still a little red from their previous exchange.

—X—X—X—

"Alright you brats, time for you to get assigned to your teams. There are 21 of you, and you will be split into 7 different teams of 3 genin each. All the teams will be led by a jonin-sensei, who will coordinate your teamwork and guide you further in the shinobi arts."

Everyone was waiting anxiously for the teams that they would be assigned to, after all, it would decide their potential future as a ninja. Kenchi-sensei assured them that the teams would be divided as per their skills, to create efficient combat units.

Naruto, who now wore an Uzu hitai-ate on his forehead, was not worried about his team placements. His misadventures with Minato and Kushina were a perfect testament to their trust and teamwork dynamics, even 'The White Fang' would agree to that. There was no way that they would be split into different teams. Kushina had also taken the extra precaution of advising, requesting, begging, and threatening goatee Ji-chan to put them on the same team.

And soon Kenchi-sensei started announcing the teams.

Following the custom of the pact that was signed fifteen generations ago between the Nara, Akimichi, and Yamanaka clans, Shikaku, Chouza, and Inoichi were put together in the same team, with Sarutobi Akimitsu. Akimitsu was a former member of the Hokage's personal ANBU, who had personally asked to be given the opportunity to train the young trio.

Next, Uchiha Fugaku was teamed up with Inuzuka Tsume and Aburame Shin. Naruto believed that they were a perfect team, with Fugaku being the genjutsu user, Tsume with her head on firepower, and Shibi, who could strategize and analyze situations better, effectively balancing out his two hot-headed teammates.

They were assigned to Jonin Uchiha Kiomi, the daughter of the legendary Uchiha Kagami. Kiomi was said to be a once-in-a-generation Uchiha, whose taijutsu and genjutsu were heaps ahead of her clanmates, her Sharingan was believed to be one of the most powerful eyes in history, which could copy techniques with a simple glance and recreate it the next second. Naruto himself was very fascinated by the Uchiha, and was a little jealous that he couldn't get to train with such an exceptional shinobi.

Kushina's best friend, Uchiha Mikoto was next, as she was teamed up Kurama Isamu and Tajiro Haru. This was a great team as Mikoto's sharingan was more ninjutsu-oriented than genjutsu, and teamed up with the Kurama clan's special genjutsu styles, would cover for the team's weaknesses, as Isamu was the best genjutsu user after Fugaku. Haru was a skilled weapons user, his bukijutsu having good potential.

They were to be taught by Nara Kaito, an elite jonin who teamed up with Uchiha Kiomi in the war. Kaito was believed to be an exceptional mastermind who could effortlessly navigate through any situation.

Up next, Hyuuga Hiashi was placed in a team with Sarutobi Hikaru and Aki. Their Jonin sensei being Kuina, an ex hunter nin and a war hero.

The next two teams were irrelevant in Naruto's mind, and just as Naruto predicted, he was placed in the same team as Kushina and Minato. But their sensei was somehow not revealed. Kenchi-sensei claimed that he himself did not know who their jonin sensei was. But whoever their sensei was, would definitely pick them up for their team meeting.

—X—X—X—

It had been 30 minutes since the team announcements and all the others had been escorted to their meeting places with their sensei. The trio was lying around in class, waiting for their sensei.