Chapter 4 | Fast Feelings For a Certain Someone

Start from the beginning

"Well...The—"

"This is a huge house, Sasha... Man, are your parents like loaded or something?" Matt interrupts me but I'm beyond shock.

How could he ask me that?

He must have noticed the faint scowl on my face and started raking his hands through his gorgeous curls and saying, "I'm sorry, that kinda came out wrong... I mean this is a beautiful place, it's just...I've not seen a house this big" He says with a sigh.

"I don't live here, Uhmm.. This is Sam's house." I say still affected by the directness of his question.

Would he judge me too? If I told him I came from a financially successful family?

"Oh. Who's that? Your real boyfriend?" He asks playfully, trying to lighten the mood.

I narrow my eyes at him but he just raises his hands in mock surrender but continues to laugh. I try to stay mad at him but I just can't. God, that smile is so beautiful.

"No Matthew", I say giving him a pointed look, "This is Samantha's house.. You met her today during lunch?"

"Ohhhhhhh.. So Sam's short for Samantha... That's cool, sorry... I had no idea." He says while scrunching his face a little.

"That's fine," I say and just wave my hand in dismissal.

The car is back to being silent and I make no effort to move, partly because I don't want to leave Matt's company and also because the girls are gonna have a lot of questions.

Questions I would not like to answer.

"So.."

"So.."

We both say at the same time and start chuckling.

"Well this is me," I say and open the car door but before I step out I turn to him, give a small smile and say, "Thanks for the ride... I appreciate it. Uhmm...", I hesitate before continuing but he still looks at me expectantly, "you are welcome to sit with us at lunch if that's what you want," I say while not making eye contact.

He's silent for some time and I am mentally face-palming myself for offering. I look like a pathetic and needy person. But before I can say anything, he flashes me an extremely sexy smirk and says,

"Yeah.. Yeah, I'd like that very much".

"Oh...Oh, that's cool, yeah... That's great, awesome!" I say and smile like a ten-year-old on a Christmas morning and get out of the car.

I close the door, look back at him, and give him a shy wave as he turns on the ignition, pulls out of the driveway, waves back, and leaves.

I miss him already.

Geez, get a hold of yourself 

"Yo bitches, have no fear Sasha is he—"

"Sasha?" Mrs. Dawson asks me, looking extremely shocked.