33. The wedding invitation

Start from the beginning

" Mom , she's smart and good at her job. And she will work after she gives birth. " Samrat said.

" I like working. Even my mom didn't think that I would get married this way. But I convinced her. Also she adores Samrat. " Alia said trying to impress her.

" So your dad was a businessman in Gujarat and your mom is a teacher. " His mother asked.

" Yes. Before my dad passed away we were a happy family. I just want to live like my parents did. They loved each other very much and were very devoted.. "Alia lied.

"A woman needs to meet the right man. Judging by your choice of man you seem to be very smart." His mother said. " Sons take after their mom and Samrat takes after me and is very smart."

" You're right, Mom." Alia said.

" So we will fix your marriage date soon." His mother said.

After the meeting, Alia asked Samrat about his lie regarding her graduation from the top University. Samrat told her that he did it so that his mom accepts her. Alia argued that she wanted to start this relationship without lies. Samrat taunted her saying that she also lied about her mother adoring him and he had never met her.
...
Siya and Raghav planned to go on a date as a beginning of their new relationship.

"I heard that they booked a hall named 'Swagat Lawns' for their wedding." Raghav told her.

" It was the same place where I got married. It was the worst phase of my life." Siya said.

"Don't worry, Siya. It's all over now. They will get married." Raghav consoled her. She received a message from Meera.

' My parents told my husband to work on their farm. Thanks for your suggestion.'

Siya had told Meera to inform her parents about her husband being dependent on her for the family responsibilities when she came to know about her family problems.
.....
At Meera's father home..

"We didn't say anything when you told us that you will quit your job because we didn't think it matters when one of you works outside. But my daughter works out, takes care of her daughter Aarya and does the household chores. She does everything." Meera's dad told her husband , Nikhil .

"The head of the family raising a child and doing household chores is just..." Nikhil was interrupted by his father in law.

" That's why I am telling you to work on our field." His father in law said.

" But I am not the type to do that kind of work." Nikhil argued.

" How could you say that? You are not that type? Then what type of work do you want ? Household and parenting?" His mother in law said. Nikhil kept quiet.

" So it's decided that you will work on our farm. Get up early and work on the field." Meera's dad told him.
...
Siya told Raghav about Meera and her husband. "Meera just tries to adjust with everything. It's good that you encouraged her to take a step further." Raghav said feeling proud of her. He took her to Juhu beach.

" Isn't this great ? It's so refreshing .I would always come here whenever I had a hard time during college. To regain the strength to keep going. It's my first time to come here being happy." Siya told Raghav.

She took him to a pav bhaji shop.
"I never thought I would get to taste it again." Siya said having a bite of pav bhaji.

" It's quite good." Raghav said tasting it.

" Yes. In a few years, it will be demolished due to redevelopment. " Siya said.

"Do you remember when we went to the restaurant for a lunch for the first time?" She asked.