25 ☆ a zipper and a heart

Start from the beginning

"I'm not surprised. You guys are close," Finally, I feel a hand hold onto my shoulder, my face turning in the opposite direction. We make eye contact and Yeonjun bows his head to Soobin, who does the same. "What's with the formalities? Be more comfortable now that I'm here."

"He's my hyung," Soobin rolls my eyes. "Anyway, Yeonjun hyung, how did you win her over? Did you use the tactics you've used with the other models in the past? Money? Fame? Free media coverage?"

"She came onto me first– ow!"

I retract my elbow back to my side, shrugging off his hand from my body. "He was adamant on making me model for him eventually. Thankfully, he settled on me being his plus one. In return, he's helping me with a small romantic advance," I smile. "No strings attached. Yeonjun and I are just business partners."

"Business partners, hm?" Soobin stares at his older friend's face, eventually scoffing. "Interesting. That's an interesting statement, seriously."

"Shut up," Yeonjun clears his throat, pointing somewhere. "I'm going to get some champagne before the event. I'll be right back, so stay right here with Soobin. Don't get anywhere or I'll kill you, okay!?"

"Okay, sheesh," I cross my arms, letting him leave. Soobin nudges me as we watch him leave, making me face him. "What?"

"You know, I've never seen Yeonjun hyung blushing. Being around you was the first time I've ever seen him flustered," I try to ignore him. "He's fallen for you now. A changed man."

"Shut up," I copy Yeonjun's words. "That's not true."

"He wasn't like this the first time you met him," Soobin places the glass to his bottom lip, dimples appearing again. "You've softened him up. Now he's all gushy of a romantic, just like that article had insinuated. Going to an arcade and having a full bucket of arcade coins... psh, it was practically a date."

"No, it wasn't!" I defend. "I was trying out new things. He was simply helping me."

"Everyone's been to an arcade before!" I sit silent. "What, you seriously haven't? Fine. I believe you. But seriously, Sora, Yeonjun hyung's a different person now. When you see it, you see it. And, he's coming back now. I'll be taking my leave."

"Okay, see you!" I wave and he walks away just as Yeonjun comes back with his glass. "Trying to get drunk before the event? Have no desire to see potential business partners?"

"I'm only here for fun. I have a feeling that this will be a low-quality fashion event, anyway," His eyes drag to my dress, pointing at it. "But, opposite of low quality, did you notice what dress you're wearing?"

I look down at it, seeing the zipper right through the middle as it shimmers from the chandelier lights. "No, I don't know. I bought this a few weeks ago and just found it in my closet. Is it ugly?"

"Ugly?" He scoffs. "I made that dress, Sora. I designed it with my blood, sweat, and tears!"

"Oh, please. If I knew you made it, I wouldn't have bought it!" I whine.

"I can't believe it. Today's the day I get to see you wear clothing I designed," He teases me, and I roll my eyes. "And you said you'd never wear anything I'd make. Look at you now. You model it well, too. Are you sure you don't want to be my brand ambassador?"

"Shut your mouth before I take it off, right here and now."

"You're wearing one of my dresses~!"

"Last chance."

"You're–" I grab the zipper near my collarbone and immediately begin to zip down, exposing some of my neck. Yeonjun panics, grabbing my waist with his champagne-holding hand and using his free hand to cover my own, stopping the zipper right where it is. We stand in silence for a moment, and I look up at him in confusion–but, his handsomeness is a lot more evident up close. I gawk at his long eyelashes, his defined cheeks and jaw, and even the makeup over his lips. He notices, and like Soobin said, his face turns a bright pink. "Don't scare me like that."