24 ☆ scandalous, slanderous

Start from the beginning

"The latter," I turn on my phone, even as I hear it ring. I already had an idea of who it was. "Shall we continue what we were doing? I'm not trying to waste anyone's time."

"Are you sure you don't want to answer that?" Yeonjun beckons to my phone, causing me to shake my head. "You should. To be honest with you, it might help your plan."

I sigh, succumbing to his words. I pick up my phone as it rings for the second time, pressing it to my ear. "What is it–"

"Are you fucking crazy?" Yanxi curses loudly, making me remove my phone from my ear a bit. What was the point of yelling at me if she already knew what I was up to? I warned her. "You're invited to Seoul Fashion Week, and you're going with the designer that I've been trying to meet? Now, you guys are even dating too? Kwon Sora, have you really lost your mind!?"

"I haven't. I told you that I know your weaknesses, connections, everything–I told you that I'll be the victor. If you still don't believe me, then continue to do so. But, I know what I'm putting on the line," Yeonjun stares, looking between me and my phone. "And he's one of them. What? Suddenly want to switch sides?"

"You may have gotten close enough to Mr. Choi, but you're not going to get Taehyun," She chuckles slyly. "Keep trying to outdo me, Kwon Sora. I want to see how far you'll go."

"Oh, I'll go as high as you want me to, Zhang Yanxi," I whisper, narrowing my eyes. "Every step you take, I'll take another. If you try to raise it again, I'll double it. Don't test me."

"Kwon Sora–"

"I have to go. I'm doing a brand deal with Mr. Choi," My eyes flicker to the window, seeing a familiar car pulling out. "Oh, and let me tell you now. Your quote-on-quote scandal boyfriend? Yeah, he's here to see me. We can talk later."

"No, Kwon Sora, you–!" I end the call, sighing.

"She's such a pain in the ass, seriously," I tell him, making Yeonjun smile at my words. "Alright. We have a guest coming in soon, so let's act well, hm?"

Yeonjun hoists himself off the table, cracking his neck back and forth. Quickly, he takes one of his fingers and brushes it behind my ear, fixing my hair. "Of course. We have a deal set in stone."

So, as our special guest slams his way through doors and stairs, I work on taking off my jewelry as a distraction from my fear. It would be the first time I'd face him as the girl he expected me to not be, and to be honest, I don't know if he'd desert me or keep me. Guess we're going to find out. "Sora," I hear him say, but I don't bother turning around. So, he says my name the second time, more stern. "Sora. Let's go."

He grabs my hand and pulls me along, but I fight back. "Let go," I try to take my wrist out of his grasp, but it was tight. "Let go!"

"Sora, I don't have the desire to talk here with you–" He's interrupted by Yeonjun's hand on top of ours, the boys exchanging a burning glare.

"Didn't you hear the lady telling you to let go? After meeting with so many, I thought you'd know how to treat one with respect."

"Shut the fuck up," The insult surprised the both of us, Taehyun pulling his hand away from Yeonjun's. However, the situation escalates quickly as he grabs the other boy's collar, tightening his fists around him. "It's not true, right? You both aren't dating, nor going to that fucking event. Tell me it's not true. TELL ME!"

"Taehyun, get your hands off of him!" I try to pry him off, but he's not bothered. "Stop, you're causing a scene!"

"Don't take his side now that he's being all nice," He whispers, evidently pissed. "One of you better tell me the truth, or I might just punch you in the face, Choi Yeonjun."