Chapter 7: Defying Odds

'What the hell Zoey!' 'Girl relax, I'll handle this.' 'What do you mean you'll handle it. I was already working on it. I even declined other clients for this.' 'Dont you agree that was a bit too forward?' 'Excuse me, im not the one who betrayed my bestfriend.' 'Okay okay im sorry. Listen, you know how Logan is, he's arrogant and unpredictable. And  besides, that company wont even stand a chance. I'll make sure they dont even agree to it, but for now i need you to be patient with me.' '...okay, but make sure this works, i dont knkw what I'll do if we loose this, my whole company relies on you convincing that make shift pig house to say no.' 'I'll make sure of it, I promise.'
.
.
.
'Blaaaiiirr!!' Greg came into her office screaming at the top of his lungs. She found Blair along with Tiffany and ran to the former, hugging her and twirling her.' 'Tiff save me...' She cried in his arms as he had no plan of letting her go anytime soon. 'Greg, i cant breathe.' She wined, 'Sorry darling, im just so happy. I was afraid you'd be intimidated by that woman. ' 'Me too.' Tiffany confessed making Blair shocked. 'Are you guys serious? she's not that scary.' 'And since when does our girl ever get intimidated by some woman who thinks the whole world revolves around her.' 'I know, but ever since i saw that woman, i havent beem able to sleep.' Said Greg dramatically,  'Are you sure it wasnt that food you stuffed in your stomach.' Tiffany said making him stick his tongue out. 'All we have to do now, is set a meeting with her and her husband.' 'You mean the birthday boy...' Tiffany said in a burst of laughter joined by Greg. Blair rolled her eyes at their silliness. 'If you guys are done laughing, i need someone to get these done.' 'Oh cmon you cant say thats not funny, imagine getting posters written,  'Birthday boy @..., what age is he turning again.' 'I wonder who's job it is to find out..' Said Blair sarcastically. 'Oh shoot, I'll go do that right away' Tiffany ran out leaving Greg to do what Blair had asked.  A call came through. 'Here are the details, we have a meeting with my husband tomorrow 10am sharp.' 'See you then.'....

'But i thought you said it was 9:30am' 'She doesnt have to know does she..' 'Ooo, i smell...sabotage,' 'You know me too well..'
.
.
.
'I still dont understand why you would want us to go there a full thirty minutes earlier.'Tiffany wined dragging herself around the place. 'Because, you can never be too early. We dont know where we're going so going there early will only help us familiarise ourselves with the surroundings..' 'Orr, it gives you time to slooth around.' 'Whatever , but we're leaving in an hour so get everything ready.' And by everything, she meant then tiny models she had made the previous night. She hadnt slept the entire night and knowing how technical tiny models  are, they needed to transport them with absolute care. By 8:45am, they were all done. It was a 30 minute drive to the Wolfe Mansion and they had zero time to waste. Blair, along with Tiffany, and Kate, a girl from catering, Greg had to stay to manage the place. Only that she would had decided to go ahead and they would follow later since the meeting was at 10am

Blair had never been to that part of the country, not onlh because it was strictly private property but because she preferred the more, inhabited part. '
She parked infront of the huge steel gate, taking what is to be the grandest entrance she had ever seen. The gate opened and she drove in,  'Im afraid you have to park here ma'am.' A man dressed in security uniform said. 'Henry, right?' She said reading the  name tag, 'I have a lot of stuff in my trunk which i wontbe able to transport on foot, ' she said emphasizing on the long way it way to the house itself. The security guard thought about it, and Blairs huge persuasive eyes were not helping. 'Fine, but my madam will not be happy when she comes.' 'Wait, she's not here?' 'Yes, only the master is here.' That got Blair thinking, the meeting was starting in half an hour. 'Okay, thank you' she flashed a big smile, making him blush. She drove further in, noticing the state of the arts sculptures and landscaping. It lookd modern but with a classical touch, Blair's favourite word. She parked infront of the magnificent entrance door. 'Here goes nothing.' she heaved a sigh before knocking on the door. It opened with no sign of someone behind it. She walked in, to what was to be her fantasy. High vaulted ceilings and large windows that let in lots of light. The floors were made of dark, polished wood, and there was a large, ornate fireplace with a marble surround. The furniture was also mix of classic and modern pieces, with rich fabrics and intricate details. There was a  large, comfortable sofa with plush cushions, and a few armchairs in the same style. A crystal chandelier hung from the ceiling, and there were paintings and sculptures on the walls. The other walls had deep red drapes and an antique tapestry. The sofas and armchairs were upholstered in rich velvet, and the cushion had gold tassels. And the accents,  a few gilded mirrors and an ornate candelabra on the mantle. It as the dream living in a dream house.
.
.
.
He felt her presence and he knew it wasnt a fantasy. He pushed himself off his King sized chair and walked, following the enchanting scent that dorminated his nostrils. His footsteps echoed in the entire house, but the shoes he was wearing made it impossible for her to here him coming. The closer he got the more the scent grew...and then...THERE SHE WAS. The sight brought him back to where it all began. This time, she wore a white double breasted suit which made her look alluring and powerful. She seemed engrosed in whatever she was doing. He noticed the tiny boxes on the table, he couldnt help but feel a little perk of jealousy inside him. Th attention she gave to every single detail, the way here eyes moved in satisfaction, the way her hands held each peace with care and...love..he wanted that. In all his years.. He had never thought he would be jealous of...of..a little cardboard box. He chuckled at his own flivolity, enjoying the blissful sight below him...