Chapter 2: Independence 2

'Good morning to you too Greg' 'Bad morning, we are so behind our schedule. Hanna wants the design plan, we have three plans on the waiting list,and somehow, im the only one who is concerned about the last seasoned lay-out. I fee..' 'Breathe Greg breathe...' Blair held the suffocating man by his shoulders. 'We will fix this.' 'Now watch.' Tiffany smiled and crossed her hands, so did everyone else. Blair casually walked into her office, made a few phone calls, signed a few papers, drafted a few designs and in a few minutes, everything was rolling back into place. 'Thats my girl' Tiffany snapped her hands, making Blair roll her eyes playfully. 'Sweety, thats why you run the place' said Greg wiping off invisible sweat. 'She is the creator aint she' 'There you guys go again' Blair said, noticing what was to become another tale of her apparent greatness. 'Looks like we're not the only ones who think so.' Said another employee holding an envelope, 'This came in for you ma'a...i mean Blair' Blair opened the letter. The moment she opened it, she froze. Tiffany had to snatch it to read it herself. She burst into a loud scream which almost broke all their glass windows and doors which adorned the place. 'What..wha does it say?' Now the entire department was around her, eager to know. 'Eehh eemm' she cleared her throat,  'Dear Miss Blair Rivera, we are proud to inform you, that you have been selected as one of our nominees for the annual Businesswoman Of The Year Award. Your company, Snow Lily has been has also been nominated for Fastest Growing Business in the market sector. You and three members from your company, are being invited to the ceremony. Your presence would be greatly apprec...' The entire crowd was already in tears of joy screaming except for well, Blair who was still frozen. 'Girrll...snap out of it, you still need to make it to the event remember..' '...h..how' 'what do you mean how, you run one of , if not the best events planning companies in the land. Anndd..not to forget, you run it with the best folk ever' Tiffany said dramatically. Blair found herself dumbstruck and in tears. Five years into her self made business and she was already being nominated for prestigious awards. This was big deal for her. 'Th...thank you all, i couldnt do this without you.' The whole group hugged, until Greg being Greg, clapped his hands 'Okay everyone, back to work, events wont plan themselves.' She giggled wiping her tears. And as her Project Manager had said, events were'nt gonna plan themselves. They had been getting a lot of clients, but it was the best thing. Now , all she needed to do was to choose who to bring along, and worse, what to wear. 'Don't worry, that why im here, looks like we're going midweek shopping' Blair buried her face deeper on the table, thinking about the traumatic spree she was about to get dragged into.
.
.
.
'No.not that one..looks too cringe...Too old...too flashy..too desperate..too one oclock..'We've been at it all afternoon, its even almost knockoff time. And what the hell does "too one oclock" even mean' 'Girl, you need to realise this is you showing off the company. You need to look your best. They need to see, feel, and hear the Founder of the one and only Snow Lily Events Co. So you gotta look your absolute best, now get back in there, you look so 12am in the afternoon.' Blair couldnt help but burst into laughter. 'That doesnt even make any sense.' 'Exactly..' So, another 3 hours went by until they...well Tiffany found the perfect outfit. It was already time to knockoff. She had decided to bring along Tiff, Greg and Jane, a girl from HR. Since the function was a few days away, they had clients to serve.
.
.
.
The day finally arrived, Blair's apartment was upside down as everyone was doing everything. Their car was about to arrive and someone's idea to put their shoes in the same location backfired, now they all couldnt find theirs. Blair had already put on her majestic dress. Scarlett in colour with diamond details that ought to enhance the lustre. She was surely going to catch a lot of eyes. 'Found them' Jane screamed after noticing a shoe sticking from under Blair's bed. She turned red in embarassment remembering when and how they had ended up there. On cue the car arrived and everyone scrambled, carefully though to the limo. Limos were to escort all the nominees. Tiffany couldnt help but feel like a star. She had always loved the limelight. The journey was filled with smiles and laughs as everyone couldnt help but wonder what to expect. Well they were about to find out. They reached the mighty Hotel Galaxia, one of the biggest buildings known to have been held the most exquisite events ever known. They stepped out of the car in style, Tiffany first, then Jane, then Greg who held the two ladies had in hand. Blair got a little held back tying her shoes, hence she followed behind, becoming the star of the show the moment she steoped out. All eyes were on her. As she moved on the red carpet, she stole the eyes of many. She walked gracefully inside. The outside was just the tip of the iceberg as there was a lot more on the inside. The fabulous decor brought a tear to her eyes. Her dreams of working in such a building were getting closer  to becoming true. She closed her eyes to the sensual feeling of the moment. Everyone's eyes on her, including the particular eyes of one individual. His piercing blue ehes looked intently at the figure. He couldnt make out the strong feeling that filled him the moment she walked in. 'Honey, lets go' the woman standing beside him, who happened to be his wife wrapped her arm around his. He looked at her,  slowly,  the sparkle that had once occupied them vanished, and she noticed it. Disppointment filled her but she swallowed it hard. He removed his arm and walked away. She wiped a tear before it could even escape. She knew what was to come, but she had never prepared for it.