"No I will leave you with your memories," I told him and decided to leave from there.

"Bye," before he could continue more I ended the conversation and left from there. While I was going back to my car many thoughts were running in my mind. For a second I thought to go back and tell him that she is cheating on him. I don't know if he will believe any random stranger over his love. I won't for sure. I will make sure to let him know about her. I need to do something to save his life.

Then I saw and remembered that Shlok was still on the call. "Shit Pihu you forgot about Shlok," I muttered to myself. I disconnected the call and ran towards the car. I opened the car door and sat on the seat. Shlok was simply sitting in the car saying nothing. His hold on the steering wheel was so tight. I can see his knuckles turn white.

I put my hand on his shoulder and called his name to draw his attention. He looked towards me and I could see his eyes bloodshot.

"Let's go home Pihu," he said and started to start the car. "We can talk if you want," I told him so he could vent out what he was feeling.

"It's fine," saying he focused on the road. I also did not disturb him as I can't force him. But I need to do something.

My phone dinged and it was a message from Aditya. "Have you guys left from there?" he asked in the message.

"Yes," I replied in short. I wanted to tell him more about what happened but decided to tell him in person. Maybe he can help Shlok and talk to him.

I looked outside the window when suddenly the car's speed increased. I looked at Shlok and he seems to be in some other world. "Shlok, can you please drive slow?" I asked him.

He did not listen to me so I shouted this time "Shlok". He came back to his senses and I reminded him "Slow down."

He slowed the speed and muttered a sorry. I just nodded my head in understanding. I know he is not in his senses so I let it go this time. After some time there was silence in the car. We reached home and I started to get out of the car. Shlok was still sitting in the car so I asked "Shlok are you not coming?"

"I need to go somewhere," he replied to me and started the car. I couldn't let him go anywhere so I said "No way you are coming with me."

He looked at me shocked so I pleaded "Shlok please." This time he heard me and came out of the car.

I entangled our hands and dragged him inside the house. It was late so everyone was asleep so we went straight to our room.

I dragged him inside the room and hugged him. I know he did not want to share so I hugged him. We did not say anything and after some time he hugged me back.

"Was I not enough Pihu?" he asked and I could hear the doubt in his voice. He was blaming himself for her actions.

"I did everything she told me. I was there for her even after everyone warned me but still she cheated on me," saying he started to cry. I let him cry as his emotions need to come out.

"I can't Pihu," he said between his crying. "I can't breathe," he said and started to cry more. My heart was breaking listening to him cry like this. He was having difficulty in breathing so I said "Shlok listen to me." I cupped his face and continued saying "Breathe with me, Shlok."

He started to breathe and his breathing started to become normal. I wiped his tears and said, "You are enough Shlok." I don't want him to go into a state of self-doubt. It's the most dangerous state of heartbreak.

"Shlok listen to me her actions are not because of you," I tried to make him understand. "She cheating on you is not because of you. It's on her so don't blame you," I meant every word I said to her. I believe in the theory that a person cheating is his decision. And here Khushi was cheating for one year. She had many opportunities to tell anyone of them or leave one of them but she chose to cheat.

"I wanted to talk to her Pihu. Maybe she has a reason for this," he said and tried to wipe his tears.

"You can talk to her Shlok but not now. Get your emotions in check and then talk to her," I advised him.

"Ok," then he sat on the bed and I could see he felt defeated. I went near the table and brought a glass of water for him.

"This will not heal my broken heart," he said looking at the glass of water. "Neither will drowning yourself in alcohol," I retorted back.

He took a glass of water and drank it. "Shlok you deserve better," those words came out of my mouth without even knowing.

He chuckled and said, "Maybe I am getting punished for what I did to you." I felt bad that he was feeling that way. Maybe he mistreated me but he did it for his love.

"But you have a reason to do it and I have already forgiven you for it," I confessed to him. I can't hold a grudge against him for a lifetime.

"Thank you," he said and hugged me. I know he is going through a tough time and if he needs me I will be there for him. So I hugged him back and prayed to God that he would get out of it.

Our moment was disturbed when someone knocked something down. I looked at the person and it was none other than Aditya. He knocked the vase and seemed angry.

I don't know why he was angry. "Aditya," I called him and wanted to tell him to stay with Shlok.

Before I could go to him he went away and closed a door with a thud. I flinched with a sound and was too shocked to react to anything.

Author's Note

Hello lovely readers 🙋‍♀️

The most awaited chapter is here😝

Now I need maximum comments in the chapter😅