XII- reaching peace

chapter twelve- reaching peace

In which Jovian's thoughts turn to action.

The airplane landed swiftly on the burning hot ground beneath them, once they reached the lobby of the airport, Alice and Jasper awaited him, Bella was nowhere in sight.

"Where is Bella?" Carlisle asked as soon as they were close.

"Oh she went to the bathroom." Alice answered casually.

"Alone?" Jovian was skeptical at the thought of them leaving the human girl unprotected at a critical time like this. "Why didn't you go with her?"

Jasper kind of looked at him as if he were asking him to calm down, which wouldn't be easy considering the disrespect he had experienced in Forks.

Edward looked as if he were about to explode with worry as he looked around frantically before both him and Alice froze.

The black haired girl leaned against Jasper as her eyes turned glossy indicating a clairvoyant vision reaching her and ruling over her system. Rosalie extended her hands to hold her in her place, in hopes of stabilizing the petite vampire.

Edward eyes widened and he whispered only one word. "Bella." He ran as fast as he could at a human pace.

Alice was brought back to her senses, her mouth wide as a fish. "She went to him, he threatened her and pretended her mother was being held hostage."

Jovian sighed deeply and sped out of the building, wandering behind Edward as made his way through the rooftops.

When they got to the building, Edward broke through the glass of the roof, entering like a cat landing on top of James.

Jovian entered slowly so he wouldn't call attention to himself and attempted to use his gift on the moving man but the hunter was now fighting Edward and trashing around.

He recognised that he would be able to use his gift yet so he went next to Bella and held her protectively in his arms, however James appeared and attempted to hit him, failing substantially as Jovian kicked him against the wall harshly and had to leave the girl falling to her knees in pain whilst holding her wrist.

"Who even are you?" The nomad growled making Jovian laugh momentarily before speeding towards him and holding his head bringing it to his knee, making a dent in his airhead.

"That's what worries you?" He quipped back, pulling at his ponytail and the rest of the coven entered through the ceiling.

He escaped, but not before pushing Jovian desperately. Jovian chuckled and with a single thought, his opponent dropped to the ground, like a fly.

"Is he dead?" Alice asked him.

"Not yet, we still have to burn him." He informed, grabbing a stick and a lighter conveniently on the ground.

Jasper was the one that initiated the fire, taking the wood from his hand with obvious experience.

As the flames erupted agitatedly on the clothes of the tracker, cracks began to appear chaotically in the marble skin on the ground, before inevitably, he separated into parts, each burning in a violent harmony that reflected on the dark eyes of Jovian which, in a mischievous arrangement, turned yellow like the burning victim.

From beside him, Alice shuddered slightly as she looked at the expression evident on his face, victory and strength only destined to belong amidst the Volturi coven.

Jasper simply held his breath, hiding the flashbacks of his past behind his current concern over the smell of Bella's blood and her excruciating pain-filled screams

"Let her turn Edward, it's already done, it's better this way." Jovian said, finally taking his eyes off the light source in the room.

"No I can't! I can't force her to turn! Not this way."

Jovian sighed."She already told you many times that she wanted to be like us. She's your mate, at one point or another she'll have to turn!" He counters, becoming agitated with the denial present in the younger vampire.

"What do you know about mates?" Edward yelled, glaring at him. " I'm going to suck the venom out, please stop me Carlisle if I try to go too far."

Jovian's face didn't show the emotions taking over him, before storming out of the building through the roof and running towards the airport.

Once he reached the main counter, he bought a ticket back to Seattle, which would leave in a few hours.

Whilst he waited, all the negative things he experienced during the various years he had lived with the Olympic Coven and ultimately reached the decision he had been considering for a while.

Jovian knew that the Cullens never meant to hurt him the way they did, not did they intend to make him feel out of place to the point of him attempting to leave the coven, however he deserved to prioritise himself after so many years of misplaced comments and going along with the illusion of a perfect family.

He entered the plane when the time came and left when it landed, the time blurred but he couldn't be more grateful that it did.

At the house he packed his painting materials, his clothes (only the ones that weren't bought by Alice except for a stylish brown jacket that he favoured) and the sketchbook he hadn't used for a while due to all the recent meetings and endless discussions that prevented him from focusing on his art.

On a piece of paper he found on a drawer he wrote a note destined to the coven.

For the last time, he wandered around the house and took in all the decorations, paintings, pictures, graduation caps and the different memories attached to them, feeling at peace with leaving them behind for all of those central to those moments.

His feet reached the final step of the stairs in the living room, and he placed his note on the coffee table in front of the couch.

A smile crept up on his chalky olive toned face, as he brushed a curl out of his eyesight and with that he closed the door behind him, initiating a new era to his death.

And with this, Twilight act ends. Tell me what you guys think of this chapter and I hope you look forward to the New Moon act!

 Tell me what you guys think of this chapter and I hope you look forward to the New Moon act!