𝗜𝗜𝗜- 𝗿𝗲𝗮𝗹𝗶𝘀𝘁𝗶𝗰 𝗽𝗮𝗶𝗻𝘁𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗼𝗳 𝗮 𝗵𝗼𝗹𝗲

chapter three: "realistic painting of a hole"

In which Jovian is insulted in his natural habitat.

His hands fiddled with the ends of his curly hair while his eyes silently scanned the situation before him.

Rosalie had raised her voice at Edward as soon as she set foot in the house, her hands were preparing themselves to offer the other a slap if he even dared try to escape the matter while her eyes had turned completely black.

From next to him, Jasper tried to recompose himself, his posture was stiff with his hands on his knees and a straight back as his throat held the familiar fire, the so called blood thirst, much like his adoptive sister, his eyes were charcoal however, it was for different reasons. Alice desperately discussed with Rosalie trying to hold her back, whilst Emmett helped her with trying to calm his mate.

Jovian's fingers stopped their motion at his hair and his gaze turned to his brother and friend, his hand placed itself on the blond's shoulder, patting him reassuringly as he made sure to make himself calm not to overwhelm the empath even more.

Off all paths they could have chosen that day, it had to go the one he had wanted to avoid, the current one.

The brown haired male glanced worriedly at his brother, as the southern male was practically shaking due to the fact that there were so many emotions in one place. Fear, anger, thirst, confusion.

Suddenly all the commotion fell when they caught sight of Edward stumbling down the stairs with a small bag in his hand, his eyes were the same colour as it was before he had faced the unfortunate encounter with his bloodsinger, however waves of misery were evidently floating around the male.

"Going for a stroll?" The beauty asked between gritted teeth as a feral look rested deep in her eyes.

Edward ignored her comment and shook his copper hair as he finally reached the end of the stairs.

The oldest of the bunch stood up from his place, after glancing at his brother to make sure he could go to the other one, he placed a hand on top of the copper hair which belonged to the agitated male.

"Take it easy, don't fixate on the girl, think of it as a vacation." Jovian said looking at the other one with a reassuring smile." I would gladly go with you, but Carlisle said it would be suspicious for the two of us to disappear."

"I know you only want to come so you won't have to read Romeo and Juliet." Edward stated giving him a slight smile although it held grimace to it.

"Perhaps, but that doesn't make me less worried, Edward."

"I'll be just fine, Jo." The copper haired male said with a slight eye roll, before moving out of the door. "Pay attention to the phone, I will try to call everyday."

"Wait up! Are you just going to leave like that?" Rosalie called after him following him.

The other members of the coven glanced at each other, silently agreeing to let them both talk it out, before each parting to different locations.

Opening his door to his room, Jovian let out a sigh as he leaned against his wall, sliding down on it as his eyes fixated on the white ceiling.

"Damnit!" He mouthed banging his head against the painting behind him, luckily the force had only made a slight dent to the wall but Jovian immediately regretted it as he made a hole where Emmett's face was, almost knocking the painting to the ground.

He turned and secured the painting with both hands as he examined the damage, truly a masterpiece, note the sarcasm.

A knock came from the door and Jovian took the painting out the wall, trading  the canvas with a portrait of all of the siblings instead.

Esme opened the door after he told her to come in, waltzing next to him with a comforting smile.

"Hello Esme." He greeted with a pained smile as the other gave him a pitying expression and patted his back. "Heard of the news already?"

"I did." She said simply looking at him knowingly.

"It's good for Edward to find his other half, he seemed to be at his limit lately, and to say the least, the boy was simply desperate to find something to end his boredom." He said leaned against his work table, Esme nodded and followed his lead as she sat down on his black leather couch.

"Indeed. It's a shame it won't be easy for him since she is also his bloodsinger." She shook her head as she muttered about how he grew up so fast.

Silence took over them as the brown haired women stared at the painting in the wall with a bit of a frown, before she turned to look at him.

"How about you? Are you well?" Esme asked carefully.

"Well but of course! I am ravishing with joy for my little brother, he deserves some happiness in his sad little life or death, whatever you may call it, it was simply depressing to watch him sulk in the corners."

"Jovian." The other immortal in the room said. "That's your thing."

"Oh." He simply said his smile faltering before it erupted again. "Are you insulting me in my natural habitat?"

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to insult you." Esme said immediately and hugged the man apologetically. "Me and Carlisle are worried for you, since you still haven't found your chance for true happiness."

Jovian heard a car downstairs and he took this opportunity.

"You don't have to worry about me. I've been a grown man for almost three Millenniums. I know how to handle myself." He reassured. "Now, your husband is here, don't keep him waiting."

Esme smiled and shook her head separating from the tall male backing away into the door.

Jovian stared at the canvas next to him, and he was happy that Esme didn't mention it.

'Great, now instead of a realistic portrait of Emmett, I have a realistic painting of a hole.'

I really tried making this a comedic chapter but it didn't work like I wanted it to. I'll do better next time! Also I will try to update more often since I finished the school year.