Chapter 4

No floor. No ceiling. 

Peace in my heart. Peace on my mind. 

Everything had turned into a navy blue tint covering my surroundings in a light play shining on my skin, throwing shades behind me. 

I was in this nothingness again. Without a single wound on me or a single worry in my heart. 

Walking up and down in this half darkness I realized I wasn't scared at all. Just a little anticipated but not having any fear of anything. 

This was a dream most likely because I had never witnessed something like this in my reality. Being aware of that I looked around my feet hitting the smooth cool floor of no material manifestation. This time the clouds were in a deep royal blue majestically rising in front of me and below me creating dark shadows on top of each other. 

There were shimmers of light beams coming through them creating a mysterious atmosphere making me feel sleepy.  

I knelt down on my knees my hand placing itself on my heart. My chest rose and fell under the black dress that I was wearing. Black tulle covered my arms and decollatage surrounding my neck with the silky fabric. 

I was healthy. I was mentally here. 

I felt this pure bliss inside me which was going to burst me from the inside. So much joy that I trembled and vibrated and sensing it all over my skin. Goosebumps spread like fire gently stroking and tickling me and my heart began to flutter as if there were butterflies trapped in there. 

My eyes opened before I heard a voice. 

A very calming whisper. Calling me. My name. River.

Before I could reckon it, the sky and the floor broke apart. The royal blue clouds grew bigger, darker, covering my sight, my body and swallowing my entire being. When I found myself in total darkness I felt constant gentle strokes on my hand.

I woke up. 

"Kaven?"

Kaven had this soft glance in his eyes, leaning against my hospital bed studying my face. He had pulled the chair so close to me that there was no gap. 

Seeing his familiar face I felt this joy from my royal blue dream again. I wanted to laugh in happiness. 

A heavy black coat covered his back, his hair was tied up to a loose man bun. Thick strands had freed themselves and framed his angelic sharp face. 

God. I had missed this face. 

He didn't speak. He just smiled at me, with low eyelids and slow blinks. Then I felt his caressing hand on mine. 

"Are you okay?", I asked in a whisper. 

He exhaled while nodding. "Yeah."

"Where were you?", I continued now moving and shifting in my bed when his arm reached across the bed pressing me down. 

"Were you scared?", he asked, his brows slightly coming together in a concentrated expression. 

I glanced up at him for a moment, trying not to protest against his actions. "Yes.", I breathed.

"Why? What happened?"

I paused. "You weren't around."

He lowered his gaze before biting his lip. "I told Anakin to stay here with you."

"Yes, he was here. But it's a whole different feeling when I'm in your presence."

I saw the corner of his lip curl, before a light pink color blushed his cheeks and he looked away.

"Don't ever leave me like that again.", I ordered him in a tone that had lots of attitude in it. Suddenly he chuckled, his head falling. And that's when I saw the stitches on his neck and all the memories came back to me. 

Like a catapult my upper body lifted off the bed both of my hands reaching for the collar of his coat. 

I had a firm grip on it before he could protest against my movements. 

"River", he hissed, freezing like a statue as I laid my hand on the other side of his neck to have a better look on him.

"What happened?", I pleaded my voice rising a pitch. 

Kaven licked his lips, pulling back while his big hands carefully grabbed my wrists.

I stood there with my knees on the mattress him holding me and staring right into my eyes to calm me down. 

Just right there I realized I was close to hyperventilating. 

"Nothing I couldn't take care of", he replied, studying me intensely. "I'm fine, lie down now"

Reluctantly I obeyed not breaking eye contact for a second. I swallowed this big lump in my throat and took a deep breath. "Where are Anakin and Riley?"

"I sent them home."

"When?"

He slightly shook his head, pondering. "A couple of hours ago."

"Why?"

"Because I am here now."

I felt so sleepy all of a sudden. This pillow under my head felt like a cloud and this off-white duvet on me so comfortable and warm. 

Kavens hand grabbed the fabric pulling it up right below my chin, tucking me in and hovering over me looking at every ankle, if I was completely covered under the blanket. 

He patted me here and there before turning to the night stand next to my head. That's when I realized there was a bouquet of lilies in a vase with fresh water. 

"You're not leaving, right?", I mumbled sleepily. A slight smile tugging on the corners of my lips.

"Not yet."

I frowned in my sleep before opening my eyes. "Where are you going?"

He blinked. Twice. "Hunting."

****

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

If you liked this chapter please vote and comment and let me know what you guys think. 🐺♥️

~N