A first impression isn't always a very good one-

Izuku never thought being the center of attention was fun. In his case, it's the highest chance of attack. And he didn't want to scare more people. Or even damage then. Once he almost got arrested for this!

But that isn't something a good lawyer can't do.

With his quirk, Midoriya doesn't like to be noticed. Yeah, he is trying to be a hero. But he doesn't have to be in the limelight! He can be an underground one! As a kid, he always loved those spies and criminal movies. It would be so cool!

This time was different. Students from the support course were really nice to him! Chaotic but nice. Even if he didn't know what they were talking about most of the time. Is this how people see his mumbling?

“Okay, glasses boy-”

“I’m Midoriya Izuku-”

“So, Midoriya!” The same boy with an orange bandana stood before him, holding something metal in his hand “I have a very important task for you!”

And without any hesitation, he gave Izuku a… Spoon. Totally normal spoon. Is this some kind of prank that Izuku doesn't get?

“...Spoon?” Midoriya asked, confused, looking at the thing in his hand.

“Whoah, whoa but don't hold that close to your eyes!” exclaimed the support course student, turning to Izuku, notebook in hand.

“...Why?”

“Check this button on the left side!”

Midoriya frowned a little bit, looking down. Oh. Yeah, there was a button! And with his own rule, always click the buttons, he clicks it without any other thought.

Spoon turned into a freaking lightsaber. A LIGHTSABER FROM ONE OF THE PRE QUIRK MOVIES. OH GOD.

Almost like a cat, he was looking at the bright weapon with a quickly waving tail. That is so cool! Could it also break things easily? Could he try it? COULD HE TAKE IT HOME AND NEVER GIVE BACK??

“...Wow. It didn't blow up! Some progress!” the boy said with a proud smile, writing something.

…Wait, it could do what?

“Now try to break this” he added, throwing a little red ball at him.

Midoriya didn't need any more words. He just went with the feeling and swung with a spoon-lightsaber. The laser edge goes through the ball like a knife through butter. And it was sooo satisfying! Izuku needed a second to register what happened.

“...Can I take it home?”

“Ha, nope!” the older student smiled at him “But you can try with other things!”

Did he just go to heaven? It's almost the best thing in this whole day! Of course, besides training with Eraserhead. But the teacher could  let him free from the rope… BUT LIGHTSABER.

Let's say that leaving an energetic Izuku with a lightsaber and room full of scraps of metal, wasn't the best idea. But it wasn't a problem  course. Apparently, he was a really good test subject! Whatever that even means-

But hey! He gets free stuff to break!

“Try to throw it!” laughed the student with a bandana, who finally introduced himself as Fujita Akihisa.

“I don't think it is the best idea-” mumbled the fox mutated student. He was the spirit of reason in this course. But he wasn't the spirit of Midoriya, who was currently throwing weaponized spoon in the air. The lightsaber made a little backflip and started to fall.