Many thoughts started running in my mind. Did something happened? Did they say some things to him? Or Did he say something?

"Why?" I questioned, still hesitating. "He didn't even care to show up." Papa spoke as I looked at him. Maybe he was stuck somewhere. Or maybe he was busy.

I quickly turned on my phone to message him, but there was already a message.

"Sorry, I couldn't show up. I was stuck in some work"[20 minutes ago]

"Actually, he was stuck in some work" I tried to convince both of them, showing them the text. Bhai stood up and said "How many times Adaa? How many times are you gonna defend him? Believe it or not, he isn't the one for you."

"Just because he couldn't show up, doesn't mean that you'll judge him" I said focusing on the word, couldn't.

Papa was silent from the start. But now he couldn't. He stood up and spoke "Adaa, baat ko samjho. How many times are you gonna fight for him? We are not judging him because he didn't show up. But just take a minute to think about his priorities"

"What?" I questioned, trying to believe what's happening here. "You made us set a meeting with him after persuading us for so long and he didn't even care to show up" Papa explained.

"He had some wo-" I got cut off. "Yes, he had some work, that's why he couldn't show up. Now, stop defending him" Bhai said and left from there.

My heart sank, knowing that now they are never gonna agree for him. I decided to message him to meet me. And to my surprise, he agreed.
We decided to meet at the park near my house.

⋆⋆⋆

"Aarav where are you?" I whispered to myself waiting for him. It's been half an hour and he is still not here. I decides to text him again.

"Where are you Aarav?" [not delivered]

The message wasn't delivered. He has switched off his phone? Maybe his phone battery has been dead.

I waited.. and waited for one and a half hour. But he didn't show up. It stared getting dark, and I had to go back home.

Now I know how a three year relationship will come to an end. And I will be married with someone, whom I barely know.

[ 3 weeks later ]

As I stared down at the ring on my finger, a heavy weight settled in the pit of my stomach. Three weeks have been passed since that evening.

I am engaged with Siddhart. With a heavy sigh, I closed my eyes and tried to push aside the doubts and fears that threatened to consume me.

But as I looked at the ring, glinting in the dim light of the room, I knew that I had no choice but to accept my fate.

[flashback]

Standing on the stage, surrounded by expectant eyes, I stood beside Siddhart. I felt a rush of nerves coursing through me as we prepared to exchange rings. My hand trembled slightly as I reached for the ring.

As the officiant spoke the words of commitment, I looked at him and he did the same. He was holding the ring and one hand was waiting for me to place my right hand on it.

As I placed my hand on his, he asked "May i?" before sliding the ring onto my finger without breaking our eye contact. I wish I could say no. While sighing, I signaled him a yes with my eyes, as well as nodding my head a little.

He finally put on the ring and cheerings of the guests could be heard. Now, it was my turn. With trembling fingers, I gently slid the ring onto his finger. Just then our eyes met, but I broke the eye contact.

⋆⋆⋆

Still gazing at my ring finger, my thoughts shifted to my Haldi Ceremony which is scheduled tomorrow. This ceremony would mark another step closer to our wedding day, the day that I want to escape but can't.

And with that thought, I closed my eyes, ready to face the day that lay ahead.

Author's note: Hope this chapter was good. Give your feedbacks. In the next chapter, there would be haldi ceremony ig, and I have a really good scene for it. It would make you go gulu gulu :)