Regardless, Jisung and Hayun were the only two who entered the cafe that morning. The place was spotless and the soft hum of music drowned out in the background as Hayun began to tell Jisung about how she still felt unsure about the performance.

"I think I'll have to practice with Wonbin more...but I feel bad for having to ask him to do extra." She confessed guiltily, a small frown appearing on her glossy pink lips.

"Don't feel bad...I'm sure he will be okay practicing more to help you." Jisung reasoned, not really seeing why Wonbin wouldn't help her. She looked troubled though, a look of hesitancy at the thought of asking someone to practice with her.

That struck Jisung with confusion because she often asked him to help her.

She gave her head a shake as if to rid her mind of the thoughts distracting her, they stood ready to order, waiting for the barista.

"Did you eat breakfast?" He asked, hoping it came out casual and not weird or anything. She hummed questioningly as she took her card out in her wallet, turning her attention to him.

"I was just asking...if you...if you had breakfast already?" He repeated, swallowing down the subtle nerves he felt.

"Oh, no I haven't." She said, knowing she didn't really tend to eat breakfast. Jisung's eyes scanned the variety of pastries, ignoring the way she was staring at him.
"The pastries look good here, should we try some? I haven't eaten breakfast yet either." He told her.

Hayun blinked in surprise at Jisung's suggestion, her initial reluctance melting away at the sight of his face, waiting for her to respond.

She glanced at the display of pastries, her stomach grumbling softly in agreement. "Sure, why not," she replied, a hint of regret lingering in her voice, a flash of guilt on her face.

Jisung nodded, his lips curling into a small, satisfied smile at her acceptance. He approached the counter, scanning the array of pastries before deciding what he wanted.
"I'll get these," he said, turning back to Hayun.

She nodded in agreement, her gaze flitting between the pastries and Jisung's earnest expression.
"I'll get the same too." she decided, not wanting to put too much thought into it because she would back out, instead stepping forward to join him at the counter.

As they waited for their order, Jisung couldn't help but steal glances at Hayun. He wondered why she didn't eat much, he had a very good guess as to why but at the thought of her struggling, he couldn't imagine it.

She was always so positive and assertive that he assumed she was doing okay. But lately, he began to see cracks in the facade.

When their pastries arrived, Jisung handed Hayun her muffin with a small, shy smile. "Here you go," he said softly, his cheeks flushing slightly at the brush of their hands from the gesture.

They took their food and drinks and headed to sit on an empty table.

"Thank you," Hayun replied, smiling at him.
She took a small bite, savoring the sweet burst of flavour on her tongue. Glancing up at Jisung, she found him watching her with a mixture of curiosity and concern.

"Is it good?" he asked tentatively, his eyes searching her face for any sign of discomfort.

Hayun nodded, a smile tugging at the corners of her lips.
"It's really good." She assured him. She appreciated his subtle gesture of kindness, his quiet encouragement nudging her towards a healthier lifestyle.