003

— Second Male Lead. 

    It's been a week since he had been discharged from the hospital.

He spent the week adjusting to the house as his sister named it. She had been hovering over him almost all day even taking a week off of school and work.

She had also been searching for a caretaker for him while helping him adjust.

Now, her break had ended and she has to go to school now. She was lucky enough to find someone.

It was her best friend that had just come back from University and was available for a period of time.

He offered so she agreed as she felt more comfortable leaving Grayson with an familiar person.

Even though it wouldn't be permanent it gave her enough time to find a suitable one.

And so Grayson was currently stood in front of an overly excited man.

"Grayson this my friend, Elijah." Lindsey introduced the man who seemed like the energetic type to the quiet type Grayson.

"Nice to meet you little man!" The man said stretching his hand about to rub Grayson's head.

Grayson dogged and hid behind his sister.

He didn't like this energetic person.

Even as an adult Grayson only tolerated his energetic friend because they grew up together.

"It's okay Grayson. He's gonna take care of you while I work." Linsey explained to the frowning Grayson.

"Can't I go with you?" He really didn't want to stay with this man.

Plus he was an adult so he could control himself.

"No. You can't come.." Lindsey went down to his eyes level and tried to compromise with him.

"How about I bring you something from the restaurant instead?"

Grayson nodded seeing that there was no way he could go. Even though he'd become more childish he was still an adult in a child's body so he didn't wanna throw a tantrum.

"Then I see you after work okay?" She said smiling as she pulled him into a hug.

She let go a few minutes later.

"His medicine needs to be taken twice a day. After breakfast and dinner so make sure he takes it after dinner. He doesn't like how bitter it is so give him a few strawberries afterwards. If anything happens call me. Even if it Nothing major just call me okay? And-"

"Lin!" Elijah said interrupting her rant.

"You're going to be late for work. Relax I'll look after your brother properly."

Lindsey hesitated a bit but nodded and made her way to the door. "Make sure to call me if anything okay? And remem‐"

"Just go!" Elijah said as he rushed her out the house and closed the door on her.

Now it was just Grayson and him left.

Grayson looked at Elijah and tried to remember who he was.

"So do you wanna play? or watch movie?" Elijah said awkwardly as he turned toward graysons who was staring at him in a daze.

'ah.'

He remembered him now, Elijah Lincoln. he was best friends with Lindsey since they were in their teenagers years and knew about her sick little brother. He helped her out a lot when their parents died and her brother was induced into a coma but eventually he fell in love with her.

But well she didn't end up with him.

It was an unrequited love.

"Movie." He might as well try to get along with him seeing as he was one of the characters he liked.

Elijah offered his hand and Grayson glanced at it for a bit before taking the outstretched hand.

He was stuck now.
...

"Another round!" Elijah shouted and this is what Lindsey walked into when she came home from work.

"Mister you're gonna lose more money."

"I still have ten dollars!" Elijah said because he couldn't belive he lost to a six-year-old at uno.

There's just no way.

Grayson felt that ten dollars was enough to let him play another round. "Oka-"

"Elijah! Don't teach my brother to gamble!" Lindsey's sudden voice came from behind them and they both turned with a guilty conscience.

Grayson turned clutching his fourty-five dollars that he had won.

"L–Lindsey! You're back!" Elijah said in a guilty way not being able to look at her in the eye.

"Are you teaching my brother to gamble? What if he becomes addicted? What if he can't take the stress and his heart acts up!" She colded him while Grayson hid the money behind the case of his tablet.

"And Grayson give the money back!"

"S-Sister.." Geayson tried pulling the puppy eyes that usually worked but now it didn't work.

"Grayson Lynn. Give it back." Grayson had no choice but to unwillingly give the money back pouting in the process.

"It's okay he can keep it. He won it." Elijah reassured her and Grayson felt that he looked better after. "But-"

"It's okay." He smiled and patted graysons head.

Grayson felt that Elijah looked very handsome at this moment.

"If you say so." Grayson sparkled at those words but frowned at the next ones.

"But you can't do this next time."

"m'kay..."

"Then let's go eat, I brought dinner." Lindsey came home earlier than planned after her boss gave her the go-ahead.

"What did you bring??" Elijah glanced over shoulder trying to see and Grayson blankly looked at the two people that seemed like a couple.

Maybe it was because Elijah had a crush on her.

"Grayson take your meds before you eat." Grayson really didn't want to but his sister had given him a glass a water and the pills.

He scrunched his face but still swallowed them all and drank the water hoping to wash away the taste.

"Then let's eat." Elijah helped Grayson to his seat while his sister set up his plate and then served herself and Elijah.

Today was a fun day.

And he made money.