Big Steps & House Warmings

Börja om från början

It would definitely help me feel better.

My girlfriend's brows managed to raise, "First of all—they will," she said, sliding her arms around my waist, "And secondly, no one's approval changes how I feel about you."

I nodded a few times, letting out another deep breath, "That's really good to know," I whispered, knowing that I had been stressed out about it.

Mili hummed, pressing a brief kiss to my lips as the elevator doors dinged open—

Into a penthouse?

For some reason, I assumed it would be an apartment?

"What's good Mi," A guy instantly called out from the large chef's kitchen.

The space seemed to be completely open and modern—and also decorated so boldly, but in the most perfect way.

It was the bright art that clashed perfectly with the neutral details of the space.

Even the large chandelier dangling over the open living room managed to feel normal in the space.

The guy with blonde curls and light eyes made his way over to us, "After twenty minutes you finally made it," he joked as he pulled my girlfriend into a hug.

Mili patted his back, "Fashionably late is always my motto," she joked as they pulled away.

He shook his head with a loose smile, "We need to start telling you an earlier time at this point," he determined.

Mili laughed slightly as she suddenly looked to me, "Ati, this is Jeremiah," she motioned to the guy with blonde curly hair, "Jeremiah—Ana," she introduced.

Jeremiah didn't hesitate to pull me into a side hug, "Finally we get to meet you," he joked, which seemed to earn a laugh from me, "Mi talks about you a lot," he added.

I felt my smile grow, "Oh yeah?" I questioned, suddenly raising a brow at my girlfriend.

Mili shook her head with a loose smile, "Let's not do too much on that," she said.

But Jeremiah seemed to only shrug her off, "Nah, we're not letting you off that easily," he said, jokingly nudging Mili.

And already I could tell that they were really close—especially since Jeremiah did photography with Mili, so they probably hung out more than the others.

"Mi's here?" someone suddenly called out from the balcony that had the door slightly cracked open.

Just like that, two people emerged from the balcony—

One was a woman who had darker skin which glowed almost perfectly—and long shiny hair that fell to her mid-back.

The man by her side was Asian with dark hair cut down to a buzz cut, which illuminated his almost insanely sharp features.

It was obvious that the two were models just by their aura—but their outfits also seemed to be another sign as well.

"What a shame, we just finished smoking," the woman said as she pulled Mili into a hug.

And as she went to hug the other guy, Mili managed to say, "Oh I feel offended right now."

Jeremiah nodded as he ventured back over to the kitchen, "Because why'd they do you like that?" he laughed, clearly siding with Mili.

The other man seemed to chuckle, "Shanti's fucking with you guys—I just finished rolling up," he told them as he pulled back from the hug with Mili.

The woman named Shanti seemed to jokingly roll her eyes, but seconds later her stare managed to be pinned on me—