Delivering the act (finale)

Start from the beginning

"Wait... you have the ticket, but Arthur is gone?" Morgana sounded confused. "He GAVE it to you? Indefinitely? What the- When Arthur lost that ticket in Italy, he moved heaven and hell to get it back. That thing is more important to him than ANYTHING he owns. What the hell do you mean you HAVE it!"

Ba-dump.

"What?" There was a pause. "Morgana, ... do you know how he got the ticket?"

Morgana hesitated. "I'm not sure. Arthur never told me. He just had it one day and kept staring at it when he got sad. He said someone really important gave it to him. I always assumed it was a present from Mithian when they were still together. She was the only girl he could stand to be around. He must have really loved her, I've never seen him this besotted with anything else before-"

Merlin's mouth dropped open, heart nearly leaping out of his throat.. "Morgana-"

"You should give it back to him, Merlin. I don't think that man can function without it."

"Morgana, it wasn't Mithian."

Morgana shifted again, her voice suddenly dangerously on edge. "What do you mean? Then who gave it to him?"

"It was me."

Morgana turned silent for a full minute. Sixty seconds was a very long time for a conversation. The seconds ticked by as Morgana seemed to process the information. "I- hold up...! YOU?!"

And so, Merlin began to explain the entire story to her. He tried to put all the pieces together as neatly as he could, but of course he only had his own side of the story. It took a while for him to finish, until finally, he went silent and let Morgana stir in the new information for a while. She seemed to be frantically typing as he talked and Merlin wondered if Morgana was taking notes on her laptop to make sense of everything. He wouldn't blame her if she did.

"That..." Morgana paused. "Oh my god, I'm such a FOOL! That makes so much sense!"

"Does it? Because it doesn't really make sense to me," Merlin had to admit. Or rather, he didn't WANT it to make sense. Because if it did, he'd probably burst.

"Of COURSE it does! Jesus Christ, Merlin, I'm his sister, I should have been the first to know! Gosh... I don't think even HE knows!"

"Knows what?"

"Merlin, listen to me, and listen to me closely. Ever since you met Arthur at that Starbucks-"

"You know about that?"

"Of course I do! Who do you think had to listen to him gush about you and complain that he couldn't find you again? He's been fighting Uther ever since. I didn't... Jesus Christ! Arthur has been making plans to leave the company in case he'd ever completely disappoint him. And one day... out of nowhere, he said he'd stop work to try out being an actor and everything, and now that you mention it, that could have been right after he let you crash at his place. YOU'RE the reason he even questioned Uther about his mother's whereabouts! And then he found her and she turned sick, and then, when she had her miracle surgery, Arthur suddenly got the idea to move out and buy his own house and become independent and everything! I always thought those were coincidences, but if it was you-"

"Morgana, I don't understand-"

"I never blackmailed Arthur to help you out, Merlin. I told him your situation and he immediately wanted to help. You may think you owe Arthur, but to Arthur, it's probably the other way around. He probably thinks he owes you everything he has. And..." There was a crack in the background and the sound of romantic music echoed in the speaker. Then, a gasp. "Merlin." Morgana's voice was driven by emotion and Merlin hadn't heard that voice since the day Gwen confessed to her. "Gosh, He's definitely in love with you."