Not-Roommate-Roommate

Ayanokouji Kiyotaka POV

Sumire came back into the living room.

"Okay! Now, we can start."

She picked up her notebook and pen and sat down on the study table, one of the only few furnitures provided by the school, and swiveled the chair to face me.

I also turned so that I was facing her.

"Wait, Sumire. I have to ask you something first."

"Hmm?"

"Don't you think you spent too many points, given that it's only the first day, and we are not getting 100,000 points each month unless we spend some considerable effort? Don't get me wrong. I appreciate that you bought games and a gaming console for us, but don't you think that it is too much for the first month itself?"

Sumire blinked and smiled toothily at me.

"Oh Kiyo-chan, don't you worry your handsome face about it. We are not wasting points, but rather saving them."

"What? How?"

I was a little confused and had to think about what it meant. I looked at her face to see if I could get any clue from there, but saw that she actually looked a bit nervous.

"Soooo Kiyo-chan... there is something that I wanted to talk to you about... umm, actually I had a plan. What we are going to do, is we are going to make your room our base camp. We are going to live here together and I am going to go to my room only to sleep and change clothes. And since we are going to be living in the same room, we don't need buy two of everything! Like the kettle I just bought. We don't need to buy another one for you. We could combine our points and use them collectively. With that, we'll have double the points! And because we are going to be saving so many points, I thought why not buy some games for our entertainment! So, Kiyo-chan, what do you say?"

Sumire got more and more excited as she told me her plan. And actually... it was not a bad plan. We could save many points this way. Sumire was looking nervous again.

Oh.

It seems like I took too long to reply.

"Um.. Kiyo-chan. You don't have to feel pressurized to say yes. I know we just met today but maybe we could try it first, you know, to see if it works. If it does, then we can continue on with the plan. Also, I was thinking about making your room the base camp because a guy constantly moving about on the floors of the girls' dorms and getting out at night could get in trouble. Sooo?"

She was looking at me so hopefully too.

And that's another thing. I have never shared a room with anyone before. I was always alone.

Who knows, maybe sharing a room with someone will actually be nice. I imagine Sumire being in my room, moving about, us playing games together, eating together, having movie nights, and so many other things that I have learned from internet sensei, and I think yes, maybe having a roommate will be nice.

"Okay. It's quite a smart idea. So then, we'll be not-roommates-roommates."

Sumire beamed and dove toward me from the chair that she was sitting in. She hugged me tightly, with her arms tightly wrapped around my neck.

"Thank you, Kiyo-chan!"

"Why are you thanking me? Both of our points will be saved, won't they?"

She pulled back and looked at me. Then beamed again and went back to hugging me.

This is the first time in my life that I've been hugged. It's warm - hugging another human.

I feel her warmth seeping into my body and I wrap my arms around her back, hugging back. So, this is how a hug feels.

Wow.

I know now why people love hugs. They are so warm.

But she needs to be more careful. She hugged a guy on the first day of school. Even if she says that I am her best friend, she still should be more careful. It's a good thing that it's just me, but what if it was Ike or even Yamauchi... actually no, she is not gonna hug them.

She pulled back and I missed her warmth already. She got up and went back to the chair.

"Okay! So now, we're ready! Okay, so Kiyo-chan, first of all, let's combine our points and see how many points we collectively have."

I nodded.

We showed each other our points.

I had 95,556 points and she had 43,250 points. No doubt, because she bought the games and of course, got 30,000 points deducted in homeroom itself.

"I know what it looks like Kiyo-chan, but I am not trying to take advantage of you!", she tried to explain to me frantically.

"I know. Don't worry, Sumire. You bought all this stuff for both of us, didn't you?"

She nodded quickly and looked relieved.

I know she's not trying to leech off me.

"So, we have in total 139,806 points. Wooooaaahh! Okay, let's make our shopping list now. We'll need to keep in mind our points and buy only the necessities this month. So, what are we in need of buying, Kiyo-chan?"

With that, we made our shopping list, which included things like a dinner set, different types of pots, some nightwear, two outfits for the day time for each of us, some school related things, vegetables, fruits, other cooking ingredients, bathroom appliances and other necessities.

There is so much stuff to buy in the first month.

We also added a table. It was the only furniture we were going to buy this month. We decided that it was a necessity, since we needed a table for many things. We were two people, so one study table was not gonna do. We also needed somewhere to eat and of course, we couldn't just let our stuff lying about on the floor. We needed the table to put stuff on, etc.

In conclusion, buying a table this month is a necessity.

We also decided that the room decor would have to wait, since there is already so much that we need to buy.

Sumire stretched her body. I also got up since I was tired of sitting on the floor. I didn't even have anything to rest my arm on.

That table is definitely a necessity.

Sumire yawned and got up. She tore off the page that had the shopping list, folded it and gave it to me.

"You keep this list, Kiyo-chan. And now I'm leaving to sleep cuz' I'm really tired. Don't worry. We will tidy the room properly tomorrow."

She moved towards the door and I went after her to see her off.

She went out the door and turned towards me.

"See you tomorrow, Kiyo-chan.", she said with a smile.

"See you tomorrow, Sumire."

"Sleep well and have sweet dreams."

"You, too."

With that, she went down the hallway toward the elevator. When she was no longer in my line of sight, I turned back and shut the door.

I put the games and the gaming console on my study table and got ready for bed. I put the shopping list on the study table too.

I laid down on my bed and wriggled underneath the sheets.

Now, I could peacefully contemplate how I got from having no social skills and no friends to having the cutest girl in the class as my best friend and my not-roommate-roommate.

A/N - Hey guys! I am back after a long writer's block and I am motivated to write again! So, expect the chapters on the same days as before, i.e., Mondays and Thursdays.

Enjoy~

I hope you stay safe and happy!