𝟕. 𝐓𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐂𝐫𝐮𝐞𝐥 𝐍𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭

Start from the beginning

Her stomach churned with a mix of anger and hurt as she watched them. But she couldn't muster up the courage to confront him.

A hand suddenly grabbed her shoulder, causing her to jump in shock. She turned to see Reyhna, looking concerned.

"What's wrong, Anika? Why do you look so upset?" Reyhna asked, her brow furrowed with worry.

Anika with wet eyes, took a deep breath and gestured towards Kunal and the girl at the table. Reyhna's eyes widened in disbelief as she took in the scene before her. Her expression quickly turned to one of anger as she turned back to Anika.

"We can't let him get away with this. Let's go confront him," Reyhna said firmly, determination flashing in her eyes.

But Anika hesitated, her mind racing with conflicting emotions. Confronting Kunal in front of everyone in the canteen was not something she had ever imagined doing.

Reyhna embraced her in a warm hug and took her hand in a reassuring gesture. Furiously she led her towards Kunal's table.

As they approached, Kunal looked up and his eyes widened in surprise at the sight of Anika and Reyhna standing before him.

"Anika, what are you doing here?" He asked, his voice tinged with confusion.

Anika's heart pounded in her chest as she struggled to find the right words. Reyhna stepped forward, her voice steady and unwavering.

"Kunal, who is this?" Reyhna demanded, her eyes blazing with anger.

Kunal looked up, his eyes widening in surprise. He quickly stood up, a fake smile plastered on his face. "Oh, hey Anika, Reyhna."

"Kunal I know you can't betray me. I just want to hear it from you. Please say you only love me." Anika said, her voice trembling with nervous energy.

Tears welled up in her eyes, her heart heavy with the wait of his reply.

Kunal had always been a smooth talker. With his charming smile and charismatic personality, he was able to win over anyone he met. When it came to relationships, he was a master manipulator. He had a way of twisting the truth to get what he wanted, and unfortunately blinded by love Anika couldn't see through his lies.

"This is just my friend, Tina. We were just catching up, that's all." He excused.

Anika felt a pang of jealousy as she looked at Tina, who was smiling innocently at her. She turned to Reyhna, who raised an eyebrow skeptically. "Are you sure about that, Kunal?" Reyhna asked, her voice laced with doubt.

Kunal laughed nervously, trying to play off the situation. "Of course, I'm sure. Tina and I go way back, right Tina?" he said, looking at the girl beside him.

Tina nodded, her eyes darting between Kunal and Anika. "Yeah, we've been friends for years," she said, trying to sound convincing.

Anika had always trusted him, believed in him, but now she wasn't so sure.

"Kunal, why didn't you tell me you were meeting up with Tina tonight?" she asked, her voice trembling with emotion.

Kunal's smile faltered for a moment before he quickly regained his composure. "I was going to tell you, I swear. It was just a last-minute thing, I didn't want to bother you," he said, his words smooth and convincing.

Anika wanted to dug further, wanted to question him more. But deep down, she knew she just wanted to listen 'no' to every question.

Anika brushes off the situation with a nodd while Reyhna stood there looking at her. Kunal embraced her shortly and shook her hand.