Chapter 26

Please vote and comment. Enjoy :)

"Are you okay?"

"Are you okay?"

As I collided with the person I despised, the entire world seemed to come to a standstill. Our eyes met in a tense and uncomfortable moment, and I could feel my heart beating rapidly in my chest. My fingers unconsciously clung to the fabric of his shirt tightly, as if trying to ground myself in this unexpected encounter. Despite my efforts to steady my breathing, I found myself struggling to take in air, overwhelmed by the intensity of the moment.

"Priya, are you okay?"

His eyes reflected both fading and shining as I tried to steady myself, but his touch lingered on. I looked into his eyes again which never left mine. And suddenly, I heard from the back.

"Madam, you were calling me?" I turned around to see my guard, while my hands remained on Veer's shoulder. 

I quickly pulled them back and turned myself saying, "Yes. Carry this bag to the car."

As the man nodded in agreement, he started walking towards us to hand-carry it. However, before he could reach us Veer intervened and said, "I'll carry it." The man appeared to be confused by the sudden change in plan as he looked at me, seeking an explanation. In response, I used my eyes to signal towards Veer, who was already looking at me, indicating that he had it under control.

"It's your job na. Pick it up and carry it to the car!" I sounded arrogant while pointing my finger at the bag which was resting on the floor after collapsing.

He quickly picked it up and left to place it in the car. I could feel the heavy weight of Veer's gaze on me. But I was unable to look at him. I had no idea what to do. To avoid, to ignore or to talk. I didn't so I left from there, leaving him miserable. 

The Wedding Day:

I was staying with Shanaya's family so I could help and because my family was again out of the country. 

It was evening already, we were about to leave for the venue but were just waiting for some of the relatives to gather. 

 The entire mansion was enveloped in a soft, dreamy glow, cast by the countless fairy lights draped throughout the space. The flowing white fabric that hung from the walls added to the otherworldly atmosphere, creating a sense of magic and wonder. The bright, cheerful hues of the colourful drapes provided a delightful contrast to the pristine white surroundings, infusing the space with playful energy. 

The delicate fragrance of the roses, which were lovingly placed along the railings of the grand staircase, added an extra touch of elegance and charm to the already enchanting scene.

The main hall was a feast for the senses, with vibrant colours and opulent decor at every turn. Rich fabrics in hues of crimson, gold, and emerald adorned the walls, while intricately designed carpets covered the floor, adding to the lavish ambience.