35. baby girl

35. baby girl

As Nandhini's pregnancy progressed, Shubman and Nandhini found themselves immersed in a flurry of preparations. They spent hours pouring over baby books, debating on nursery themes, and making endless lists of baby essentials. Every decision was made with meticulous care and consideration, as they wanted nothing but the best for their little one.

Shubman took on the role of the protective father-to-be with gusto, ensuring that Nandhini was well-rested and pampered at every turn. He lovingly rubbed her feet after a long day, prepared her favourite meals, and showered her with affection and reassurance whenever she needed it most.

Nandhini, in turn, marvelled at Shubman's unwavering devotion and support. She found solace in his strong arms and comforting words, knowing that he would always be there for her, no matter what. Together, they navigated the ups and downs of pregnancy with grace and resilience, their love for each other growing stronger with each passing day.

As the due date drew nearer, Shubman and Nandhini's excitement reached new heights. They eagerly counted down the days until they would finally get to meet their precious bundle of joy, their hearts overflowing with anticipation and joy.

And when the long-awaited day finally arrived, Shubman and Nandhini stood side by side, their hands intertwined as they welcomed their baby into the world. 

Nandhini's eyes glistened with tears of joy as she watched Shubman cradle their newborn daughter in his arms, his expression one of pure wonder and awe. She couldn't help but smile as she witnessed the tender bond forming between father and daughter, a sight that filled her heart with indescribable warmth.

Shubman's gaze never wavered from their daughter's tiny face, his touch gentle and reverent as he whispered words of love and adoration. His fingers traced the delicate curve of her cheek, marvelling at the miracle of life that lay nestled in his embrace.

Nandhini's heart swelled with pride as she watched Shubman interact with their daughter, his love for her shining through in every gesture and expression. She knew at that moment that he would be the most devoted and loving father, always there to protect and cherish their little girl with all his heart.

As Shubman looked up at Nandhini, a soft smile gracing his lips, she felt a surge of gratitude wash over her. In that simple exchange of glances, they shared a silent understanding and appreciation for the precious gift they had been given.

As Nandhini lay in her hospital bed, basking in the euphoria of motherhood, a gentle knock on the door signalled the arrival of the nurse. With a warm smile, the nurse entered the room, her presence radiating kindness and compassion.

"Good morning, Mrs. Gill," the nurse greeted Nandhini, her voice soft and soothing. "How are you feeling today?"

Nandhini returned the nurse's smile, her heart overflowing with joy at the sight of her precious daughter nestled in Shubman's arms. "I'm feeling wonderful, thank you," she replied, her voice filled with warmth. "And please, call me Nandhini."