14. MY PARVATI

Začít od začátku

"Sir, are you moving?" he asked as he closed the trunk.

"Yeah... I'm going back to the haveli," I replied, settling into the car.

It was a long drive to the haveli. I didn't want to go back there, but I had to because of the impending marriage and my upcoming king ceremony.
.
.
Upon arriving at the haveli, I exchanged glances with my mother. I paused for a moment at the entrance, expecting her to perform the nazar ritual as she always did when I returned from anywhere. But to my surprise, she didn't.
"Why are you standing there? Come in and change your clothes, we're running late, Jay," my mother exclaimed impatiently.

"Aarhe h yaar... Hume lga aap humari Nazar utarengi...," I replied disappointingly
(Coming... I thought you'd perform that nazar ritual)

"Nazar toh ab ap ki dulhan k sath hi utregi Sahab. Chaliye andar aaiye," she teased.
(I'll perform that ritual with your wife. Now come inside.)
Gross! Why did everything have to be related to her now? They always dragged her into every conversation, and I found it annoying.

"Go change your clothes! Wear something ethenic... Where's Anirudh?" She asked.

"Hm... He's busy in O.T.", I replied making my way upstairs.
.
.
After changing into a red kurta, I adorned myself with my Patek Philippe watch and adjusted my gold chain. After one last glance in the mirror, I deemed myself ready and descended the stairs.

My father was on his knees, adjusting the plates of my mother's saree near the entrance, while my mother chuckled

My father was on his knees, adjusting the plates of my mother's saree near the entrance, while my mother chuckled. They were the idol couple of my life, second only to Parvati Maa and Bhole Baba.

"Let's go!," I said.
My dad hummed in response and left towards the garage.
"Wait! Wait! Ab Nazar utarni padegi Hume...", she said while adoring me.
(Now I've to perform that ritual...)

"Kyu pehle ache nahi lag rahe the kya? Chodiye ab humari dulhan k sath hi utariyega...", I joked making her laugh.
(Why? Wasn't I looking good before?)

"Ache toh lagoge hi khun kiske ho... Chalo thik hai abhi bas kala tikka lga lgane do," she said and put a kala tikka behind my ear.
(You look good after all you're my blood, but now you're looking even more better. Come, let me apply the kala tikka)

Am I looking that good? I know even if I'll look breathtaking, she'll never give a damn about my looks. What's the benefit of being handsome?

"Chalo Jay!!," My father said and I walked towards the car.
"Why are you taking this file with you?" He asked.

"I need to discuss something with Vidya.," I replied.

"You can do that during office hours. There's no need to take this with you," he retorted angrily.

"I've to because she avoids me during office hours and it's urgent," I explained as I entered the car.
.
.
.
After parking the car, I followed my parents into the haveli. As we settled in the living room, a maid approached to wash our feet with rose water. I stopped her, but she hesitated, exchanging glances with Vidya's father. What the hell is it? He's an educated man and still believes in such gestures. It's rubbish!! I controlled myself.
"It's her duty and a ritual, Mrityunjay. Let her do this!!", he insisted.