I was sitting at the dining table, sipping on hangover soup alongside others while Maha was passing us looks.

After what felt like an eternity Shri tried to break the silence, “Maha actually-”

“Shut up! I’m not mad at you all for drinking, I’m mad at you all for drinking carelessly.” She yells, making all of us lower our heads.

“We are sorry.”

“Keep that sorry to yourself. What the hell was that ghost drama uh? from Which angle do I look like one?” She bangs the table.

“A…Actually-” Viki gets a glare from Maha

“I mean that white saree, open hair, flowers in hair, and that….. that dark circles and…..” I hit his abdomen with my elbow and he crouched down, whining in pain.

Maha crossed her arms at her chest shooting daggers at him.

“Maa he means that, we actually had a spooky story telling session last night sooo” Kashvi tried to cover up for us and we all nodded in agreement.

“Enough”

“Go to your rooms, freshen up and take some rest. There's a musical party organized at society hall in the evening. You’all will like it.” She said and walked away. Mine, Shri’s,Viki’s and Kashvi's eyes shone upon hearing her.

“What party?” Kian knit his brows.

“ Every year society members host a musical party that lasts till midnight. There will be a lot of food too.” Viki explained and Sania nodded her head.

“Alright then, it will start at 4:30 or 5 in the evening so let's go rest and get ready. C’mon let's go.” Shrinkal said and got up from his seat.

Shri and Viki went to their rooms while Kian and Kairav took the guest rooms. Me,Kashvi and Sania retired to my room.

Sania took a short nap and Kashvi was busy completing her assignments, So decided to read a book of my favorite author until they were up and free.

Love, such a beautiful, dangerous, and complicated word. It is like the water we provide to the plants. No water or too much of it, both are dreadful. Loving someone means surrendering completely oneself to another, Having faith in them, revealing your true self to them and standing by their side through every bit of their life.

But it's not necessary to be complicated either. Love can sometimes be The extra efforts you put to look good, fidgeting while waiting for a certain someone to come, see or talk to you, the way you look at them while they're looking at something else, how you listen to them speaking about something they like, the pacing up of your heart beats when you see them or hear their name, the unknowingly formed smile while thinking about them. Love is in the smallest of smallest things with barely minimum efforts like plucking them a pretty flower and the biggest of biggest things like sacrificing a part of yours for them.

Love can be healing as well as destroying if it turns into an unhealthy obsession.

If your possessive love for someone can turn them into a tragedy, it's not love, It can never be one. If you love someone, you can't expect the same from them. You need to be ready to accept what they feel too. Sometimes, giving up on them because they love someone else is love too.

Does it all make sense? The concept of love? Or these words and thoughts? The tingling feeling trapped in you?

I averted her gaze from the book, It had got her thinking about her own feelings.

Was it love? The little ‘!’ my heart did while every thought of him crossed my mind. How I took a longer route to the washroom at school only to catch a mere glance of him. The way my eyes used to roam around to see him during the assembly. The unexplainable happiness In me when I got to that we were in the same class. The way we held hands, shared lunch and laughter, watched sunsets and moon. What was it?