8~ Library

Author's note

Hey everyone! firstly happy advance new year to all of you.It's been 10 days since I have published this book (8 chapters so far.) And already I received so much love and support.A mini family of 33 people on Insta, 180+ reads and 30+ votes.I totally did not expect have such a good start.this will be the last update of 2023 as well the shortest one.The next few chapters will be a lil sad but it will all so over soon!

Thanks to each and every one of you for being a part of my journey.more love to y'all ❤️

Xoxo 🥰❤️

𓆩𓆪

Tumba sanihadali,Thunta daniyalli
Husi kopava kalisu
Thusu naachike bidisu-uuuu
Kuntha jaagadali,Kuntu nepa heli
Kiru berala nevarisu,Ondinithu aavarisu

˗ˏˋ ♡ ˎˊ˗

R

uanika's pov

It was another Sunday morning, all the elders were out of station for a wedding whereas I stayed back because of the wedding, Satvik and Shrinkal because of office. I was too exhausted after a week-long film trip to Chikmangalur.

Luckily god gifted Kian some brain and he decided not to tag along. Or else I’d have to suffer there as well.

I thought of spending today at a library nearby. After finishing a 80’s classic, I placed it back and walked around the corner to the romance section.

I glided my fingers along the racks of books until one caught my attention.

Forbidden by Madhuri. I picked it up to read the tagline, “She's set my heart on fire and the only one who can quench it.” That one line on the cover was enough to convince me to read it.

Before sitting down, I glanced through the gap where the book was placed. My eyes widened at the sight before me, Kian was on the other side looking at a book.

What in the Wattpad?

“Hey!” A voice called.

A man in his mid twenties, black silky hair, brown eyes, slight beard and finally a body of a greek god.

“Hi.”

“I’m Laksh. A fan of yours. I love reading your books.” He says bringing a smile on my face.

“Oh, let's sit.” I suggested that he agreed.

“Your new Book is amazing. How do you even come up with such amazing stories?” Crimson coats my cheeks. I let out a chuckle and reply,

“ I just write down whatever idea that flashes my mind. If I like then plot it properly.”

“Wow!” He exclaims. “ Honestly you're way prettier in person.” He compliments me. Before I could thank him, I heard Kian’s voice,

“Unlike you, yes.” He pulls a chair and settles before us, pretending to be on a call.

“Excuse me Mr. , library isn't for talking. It's for reading books.” I tell him in a no-nonsense tone.

“Well ms. , that goes both ways. This isn't an author’s meet or something.” Kian replies before bringing the phone back to his ear.

“Ignore him, let's not create a scene.” I hear Laksh say.

“Or even a murder.” It's Kian's voice again. I glanced at him to shoot daggers but he swiftly looked away.

“Exactly what I’m trying to explain lawyer sir, if that fucker doesn't stop his tactics, he’ll end up six below in my backyard.”

I turn back to Laksh, forcing a smile on my face.

“An autograph and if possible a photo?” Laksh asked.

“Oh, of course I’d love to.” Kian scoffs at my words while Laksh hands me a paper and pen. I finished signing and writing a small note and was doodling a mini heart when that bastard sitting in front of me shaked the table making the line extended to the edge of the page.

I banged the table and glared at him with terror in my eyes. “Aish, kids these days have no manners at all.” he sighs, glancing at the kid seated next to him.

“Selfie? or wait, I have a better idea.” Laksh says and turns to Kian. “ Hey buddy, could you please click a pic of us.” Kian’s jaw clenched.

I expected him to reject however he accepted and Laksh tossed the phone to him.

After clicking a few pics, Kian slid the phone back to Laksh and walked away.

“Thank- what the actual fuck-” Laksh whisper-yells.

I thin my brows and ask him, “what's wrong?”

“That bastard clicked selfies of himself.” Laksh tilted the phone so I could have a look.

“Asshole.” I muttered under my breath. “Leave it, let's click a selfie only.” I recommended it and he agreed.

We talked for a few more minutes before he left. Hours passed and the sun descended down the horizon.

Placing the book back in its place, I grabbed my tote bag, my shrug and walked out.

Around the corner of the street, I spotted Laksh leaning against the wall of a mechanic shop.

“Hey, is everything okay?” I inquired.

“Um y-no. Some fucker did something to my bike so was getting it repaired.” He reasons.

“Oh that's bad, did you check the cctv?”

“Yea, I’ll take care of it. You should head back home soon.” He sounded different from before. I nodded and continued walking after muttering a ‘bye’.

-ˋˏ✄┈┈┈┈

Kian's pov

Sliding the phone back to that bastard, I walked out towards his bike.

Kneeling down, I first disconnected the ignition wires then tampered with the oxygen sensor followed by spark plug.

I had already warned that asshole not to follow me, if he decides to act otherwise, he needs to face the consequences too.

Enjoy mf!

꒷꒦꒷꒦꒷꒦꒷꒦꒷꒦꒷

{Word count ~ 795} excluding my message.

Do let me know how the chapter was ❤️

Vote | comment | share | follow

~ Love Rani