5~ Lovesick

𓆩♡𓆪

Ninagaagi Heluve Kathe Nooranu
Naa Nindhu Nagisuve Ee Ninnanu
Irulallu Kaanuve Kirunageyanu
Kannalli Huchcheddha Honganasanu
Jotheyaagi Nadeve Naa Maleyalu..
Bidadhanthe Hidive Ee Kaiyanu..

˗ˏˋ ♡ ˎˊ˗

Kian's pov

I woke up to jello jumping all over the bed, My typical morning.

However there was a slight change, migraine was threatening at the back of my head. I rested my head in my hands and began to rub my temples. I glanced at the clock which said eight in the morning.

After the drama last night,my Aunt Pavithra Vasista and my uncle Jayant Vasista had invited me for dinner at their house.

Technically, It was our house.The place where me,Paru and dad lived before we shifted to Lucknow.

After freshening up, I walked out to buy some vegetables. Luckily the vegetable hawker visits every road, orelse I had to go all the way to the market.

I stared at the vegetables for two minutes without doing anything. I sucked at this. I’m good at cooking, in fact the best cook in my family however when it came to buying the necessities, I just couldn't. Now I regret not going grocery shopping with mother India.

Right then, I felt a pat on my back. I turned back to find Saraswati aunty who muttered a ‘good morning’ and walked past me.

She didn't look good. Her eyes were swollen and red like she had cried all night. From what Ruanika has told me, Aunty is a kind, beautiful and soft-sensitive hearted woman who loves her family more than anything.Yet there was something that always haunted her.

“Good morning Aunty” I wished her back and picked up a few tomatoes. “Anuv beta, they're spoiled. Take the fresh ones.” I heard her say.

At first, my mind didn't click. Later yesterday's events flashed into my mind. Oh yes, I’m anuv. Anuv is me! I mentally slapped myself for being this dumb.

“Uhh I- the thing is aunty, I’m not used to all this.” I tried to explain, rubbing the back of my neck.

“Kids these days.” She chuckled and exclaimed, shaking her head. “Here, tell me what you want.” She offered to help me.

Your daughter. I wanted to say but shut my mouth.

If I denied her proffer now, I’d have to suffer with food poisoning soon. I already have cold and cough.

A few minutes later we were done and I was paying the vendor. “Anuv dear, are you sick? You're coughing and sneezing so much.” She inquired with care visible in her eyes.

Yes I’m sick, Love sick.

Shut up Kian!

“Yes aunty, a lil cold and cough. It's nothing, I'll be fine.”

“Look at you, faking to be all strong. All this happened because of my daughter. I’ll send some food and medicines with her, take care.”

Though her words meant something else, it hit me hard. She is my medicine aunty.

“Aunty please don't trouble you-'' hang on, did she say she'll send it with Ruanika?

“That's really sweet of you aunty. You're so caring.”I changed my words And she just smiled. But this time, a genuine one.