⟿ ᴡʜᴀᴛ'ꜱ ʜɪꜱ ᴘʟᴀʏ?

════ ⋆★⋆ ════

════ ⋆★⋆ ════

AFTER THE MEN had their "friendly" encounter, they were able to capture the god of mischief once again and successfully bring him back into the Helicarrier, where he was escorted by a troop of guards into a cell.

The rest of the team was sitting at a conference table; they were watching and hearing through a monitor that displayed the live conversation between Nick Fury and Loki. Xiomara rolled her eyes at the Asgardian's comments and how, every five seconds, he would take the opportunity to face the camera and smirk.

"He really grows on you, doesn't he?" Bruce mentioned.

Steve noticed the agent's annoyance and quickly swiped the screen away as he remembered one of the things she taught him. "Loki's gonna drag this out. So, Thor, what's his play?"

"He has an army called the Chitauri." Thor explained, "They're not of Asgard nor any world known. He means to lead them against your people. They will win him the Earth in return, I suspect, for the Tesseract."

"That figures," Xiomara muttered, as the new information on Loki did not surprise her.

"An army?" Steve questioned, trying to process that information, "From outer space?"

"So, he's building another portal," Bruce hypothesized. "That's what he needs Erick Selvig for."

"Selvig?" Thor asked

"He's an astrophysicist."

"He's a friend."

"Loki has them under some kind of spell." Natasha added and paused for a few seconds as she remembered her missing friend, "Along with one of ours."

"I wanna know why Loki let us take him. He's not leading an army away from here." Steve continued.

"I don't think we should be focusing on Loki," Banner replied. "That guy's brain is a bag full of cats; you can smell crazy on him."

Thor glares at Banner, "Have care how you speak. Loki is beyond reason, but he is of Asgard, and he is my brother."

"He killed eighty people in two days." Natasha retorted.

"Yeah, he's a real gem. Isn't he?" Agent Sáez remarked.

Thor frowned, "He's adopted."