̩̩̥͙**•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚ ᎬᏢᎨᏕᎾᎠᎬ ᎰᎾᏬᏒᎿᎬᎬᏁ ˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚*·̩̩̥͙

At the start of the new month, was also the start of the trial for Sonic's wellbeing...there was great arguments between both sides, as well as evidence between them both.

But the Judge had to make a decision, that would be best for this troubling hedgehog...who was unable to show up to his hearing cause of his mental condition. 

"Mr. Shadow, you are aware of this patient of yours is currently sixteen?" The judge said looking to his left.

"I am aware Your Honor."

The judge looked down at the documents the was before them...every single sheet of paper was detailed review of the Patient's Mental Health, as well as background information, of course he was protected by the laws that prevent anyone else from reading it, but in a case like this, the Judge had to know first hand what they are dealing with, before the lawyer that was representing Child Protective Services could speak.

"Let me stop you right there...Base on this record, Mr. Hedgehog himself is sixteen, and gotten himself pregnant a year ago...that is not consensual, and the C. P. S want to take this unborn kiton away from a Rape, and Abused Victim who, himself is also considered a child?"

The lawyer was silent, before they backed off. "Yes your honor."

The judge only shook their head, before banging the gavel down onto the desk. "Congratulations Mr. Shadow, on your engagement...I do hope Mr. Hedgehog himself truly recovers from his traumatic experiences." The judge finished.

Shadow only nodded as he shifted his gaze over to an older gentleman...that looked much like him in every way, just with a grayish-teal stripes, and a gray muzzle.

The courtroom was cleared out after the trial was over.

"Thank you for the help."

"This mortal...must really caught your eye, if you went through this great lengths for him."

Shadow was just slight, before shifted his gaze off to the side...he didn't really want to admit it, but Sonic reminded him of a patient that he had before, that was suicidal in nature, he thought that he could help her but she just ended up taking her own life cause she couldn't handle the pain of constantly letting everyone around her down.

"I just don't want to fail someone else."

"Well like I said Son...you know this stuff better than I do, so I trust you more than I trust myself. But what happened in the courthouse...keep that between you and I, You did what you had to do in order to keep that kiton with its Mother, as well as keeping The Mother under your care, but hold off on actually announcing your marriage until he had reached eighteen."

"That was my intentions in the beginning, when I went over the different laws, and child custody...Marriage was my only option in order for me to actually when this case." He only lets out a small sigh.

"What happened with Maria, isn't your fault...just remember that."

Shadow looked back at his father, who was walking away to the parking lot...he couldn't help but feel the wait on his shoulders being lifted, as he followed right behind, but before he could return to the hospital he had get his house up to code with the combinations that he had put into place for his patient.

Being in a better environment that wasn't the hospital might actually help the hedgehog calm down and relax a little more.

After all he had noticed that Sonic was rather only comfortably after he had his medication, but even so he can tell that how terrified he was being in a place with people in uniform, touching him, and telling he to do things. It was rather suffocating.

"What am I gonna do with Scourge?" He thought to himself as he was focused on the road. That was another problem that he was gonna have to face...he knew that Scourge had started to be apart of Sonic's life, now...but he was more of an emotional support, for Sonic...he was there whenever Sonic emotionally broke down, much like Shadow, Sonic seemed to trust him a lot.

He only growls at himself he didn't really have much of a choice but have that other hedgehog to stay, if anything...he didn't want Sonic feel like a burden to life, much like he felt during all the sessions, and just observation he had made.

"I got a lot of work cut out for me, but Sonic deserves it...I can't fail him like I did with you...Maria."