Betty

18:24

Poli was making his way to the garage with dozens of other cars. Ebony, Clyde and Hon were waiting in a line to exit the ship. The captain has just announced that they have reached the port of Lemcon Bay.

The police car was trying to fit in the crowd. There were nearly a hundred cars in that place, all of them speaking loudly, searching for their bags, squeaking from excitement or cursing their neighbour for bumping into them. Basically, nothing special.

Suddenly warmth of the crowded cars was replaced with a cold winter breeze. The doors have just opened and they were free to leave this nasty torture.

When his turn came, Poli quickly rode of the ship. The words could not describe how happy he was. Turns out the trip wasn't just long, but very "shaky" as well for the unexpected storm made many passengers feel nauseous.

Once the officer stopped shaking from the trip he tried to find his temporary colleagues. Luckily he didn't have to search for long. In fact all he had to do was to follow Hon's voice until he could see them. As he reached the three he heard Ebony speaking.

"Alright everyone, we finally made it! God I hope we won't have to do this again... So first thing's first, we'll head to the station so we can get all the information that we need about the case. Am I understood?"

"Yes!" Replied everyone.

"Good, now let's go!"

They began to move towards the police station with Ebony leading the group. Street lamps were lighting the pitch black sky. The streets were decorated with exotic plants like palms and oleanders while bright eye catching boards were painting the dark central streets in many pretty colours.

  Unlike Broomstown, Lemcon was full of buildings twice the size of those on his island. Some of them were so tall you could even call them skyscrapers. As he heard from Clyde those are either office buildings, hotels or some sort of apartments. Logically you would think that driving in a place so full of people must feel like driving in that garage in the ship, nothing but a pure traffic jam. Surprisingly enough it was not the case. In fact, the cars were driving so fast that he didn't even notice how they reached the station.

The dark building near the centre of the city was the exact opposite of the HQ in Broomstown.

Ebony entered it first as the leader of the group, followed by Clyde, Hon and Poli. As they were making their way to one of the many offices, Poli could feel the looks on the workers. He remembered some of them, and they remembered him. It was more than logical for them to be curious about why he was back. Some of them were even joking behind his back. Luckily for him it was all over when they finally reached the office that they needed.

"Good evening Mrs. Park! How are you?"

"I told you to just call me mom."

In front of them they saw another woman. She looked a lot like Ebony. Expect her eyes were not bright green but deep brown, she had long braids tied in a bun and a stronger African accent. She looked just a little bit older than the marriage couple in front of her. Poli remembered her too. In fact he knew exactly who she was and how much of reputation she had in her circles. On the wooden desk there was a little board with her name.

 On the wooden desk there was a little board with her name