𝖶𝗈𝗋𝗍𝗁 𝖳𝗁𝖾 𝖶𝖺𝗂𝗍 ~ 𝖲𝗎𝗆𝗆𝖾𝗋 𝖣.

Start from the beginning

Living in two different hometowns was bearable but maintaining a long-distance relationship was a lot harder. You lived in Ontario, Canada, and Summer lived in Albany, New York. Both of your hometowns were distant, but you two made it desperately work, planning trips to visit each other on every holiday break, completely bound by the entirety of love. It has been 2 years since you started dating Summer, and your life was filled with joy, stupidly smitten with your social-media-obsessed, sarcastic girlfriend.

Of course, this Christmas break was like no other, you were flying out to visit Summer in New York. Last Christmas, she flew to Canada, so this year, you'd be flying to her hometown instead,

She had mentioned the statement, "New York is lovely during the Christmas season, you'll love it." It bubbled up anticipation in your stomach ever since, longing to experience Christmas in New York, alongside your girlfriend.

Luckily, that time had arrived, and that anticipation only grew stronger within the countdown to Christmas break. You were consumed with excitement throughout the whole ordeal from packing three months' worth of clothes, and to actually arriving at the airport.

Summer would be with her friends and her parents, waiting for you at luggage arrival, holding up a bouquet of your favorite flowers and a handmade poster, welcoming you again in New York.

"Summer!" you squeal, running towards her and jumping into her arms.

With ease, she abruptly catches you, her hands resting on your waist and you nuzzle your face into her neck.

"I've missed you so much," you murmured against her soft skin.

"I've missed you too gorgeous," she muttered back, obsessed with your comforting touch.

During the whole car ride back to her home, Summer clung to your side, refusing to leave your side, even when you were eating lunch and unpacking your clothes too.

On your first night here, you reunited with your girlfriend's close family and friends, to which Summer adored how well you got on with her loved ones. Very surprisingly, she didn't know that it would take this little reunion to overextend for this long. Don't get her wrong, she loves her family and friends but she hasn't seen you since August, and there was lost time to make up for. From the moment she saw you in the airport, she was already all over you, stuck to your side. Often, you adored her clingy nature, similar to a cute koala bear, reciprocating the same manner.

It was quite obvious that Summer would have the most of your attention during your stay, and she was content with that. So she'll guess her family and friends can have you for one night until her patience wears out, and she has to have you all over her.

All while you two could be cuddling right now, Summer pouted, craving your attention as she watched you playing board games with her cousins. At first, Summer scrolled through her phone, perched upon a high stool, only a few feet away from you bonding with her older cousins. Once Summer had gotten bored of her phone, she watched you play, catching your eyes with flirty winks every so often.

Summer kept a jealous eye on her brunette cousin, Samantha, who was rumored to have a crush on you despite you being in a happy relationship with your girlfriend Summer, her cousin. Throughout the entire outing, Samantha had been touchy nonstop with you and Summer noticed you were getting uncomfortable. At first, you took a kind approach to the situation, removing her hands from you and intentionally placing an airpod in your right ear to cease the flirting instinctively with a half-lipped smile, remaining loyal to your beloved girlfriend. Seemingly, Samantha couldn't take a hint for some damn reason, so Summer was obligated to prove it, once and for all.