Daivik: I and Veni will be here anyway, so if you want to, you can go

Shubhi: Hmm (thinking but not wanting to take Daivik's help)

Daivik: (guessing her reluctance) you can leave Veni to take care of Dyuti....

Veni: I will take care of my little sister! Right angel?

Dyuti: Yes!

Shubhi: Okay, then I will be back in few minutes, both of you, no naughty stuff!

Veni and Dyuti: Yes!

Shubhi steps out of the room and Daivik resumes his bored expression and starts working on his phone. From the corner of his eye, he keeps watch on the girls who are giggling about something. In a few minutes, Shubhi's parents arrive, and Daivik greets them. Her father is glaring at him but her mother smiles at him.

Shubhi's mom: Where is Shubhi?

Daivik: She has gone to accounts section....

Veni: And I am in charge here!

Shubhi's mom: Thanks for that Veni gudiya (doll)!

Veni: Don't look at chachu, his foot is injured so he cannot do much!

Daivik: But I am driving you home!

Veni: You love cars and driving! You will drive with half a leg!

Shubhi's mom: It seems your chachu loves you a lot!

Veni: Yes, he does! I like him as well....

Shubhi walks in to see her parents already in the room and are talking to Veni, Dyuti and Daivik.

Shubhi: Mom! Dad, we can take Dyuti home now!

Shubhi's mom: That's awesome, I was thanking Veni for taking care of Dyuti!

Shubhi: Yes, she has been very nice.

Shubhi's father: I am calling Charan to the foyer, let the nurses prepare for the discharge. I will go with them, you prepare the bag.

Veni: Yay! Let's get home!

The nurses get Dyuti in a wheelchair and start to roll her out, Shubhi's father, Veni and Daivik walk out with the nurse. In the meantime, Shubhi is helping her mom bag all the stuff they have – books, clothes, food etc. Daivik helps Dyuti into the car and Veni promises to visit her the next day. By the time Shubhi and her mom follow outside, Dyuti is settled in the back seat.

Shubhi mom: Thanks Veni and Daivik ji

Daivik: This was a small thing....and .... Dyuti is Veni's best friend.

Veni: Yes, and we will meet again tomorrow.

Shubhi's mom nudges Shubhi to thank Daivik and she finally says a forced thanks. Daivik acknowledges it and given the awkwardness of the situation, moves away from them to get his car and take Veni home. Shubhi and her mom settle in the backseat next to Dyuti. Being very tired, Dyuti sleeps in her mother's lap.

Shubhi's mom: You could have been thankful for his help

Shubhi: I am not sure what his intentions are!

Shubhi's father: Why

Shubhi: He even got a teddy bear for Dyuti...

Shubhi's mom: That is nice, it might be Veni's gift

Shubhi: I don't want him or any of his gifts! I don't want him anywhere near my daughter!

Shubhi's mom: I think he was there just to make Veni happy....

Shubhi: I am scared, what if someone tells him the truth?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Authors Note:

Again Daivik has run into Shubhi and Dyuti, but he is yet to guess the truth. But guess the insecurity that Shubhi is battling.

Do comment to share your thoughts!

Thank you all! All the support in as votes and comments keeps me going :)

🌟 Thanks a bunch for the votes and comments! @minnietina @AKSHARA1904 @Otisheas @AakankshaThodopunoor @Stephanie28beatrix @ArathyVs @hellofeelas @aadha_aloo @2315_me @sequoia_11 @TashiSingh1 @Amyramalhotra @Akshaya935 @kaashi97 @MonaMaurya @SnowMeadows @kpajvani @SwatigaudC432 @Smiling130840 @asane_addiba @Werewolflove2

Given the number of votes, I am sure to have missed or misspelt some, please leave a comment if you want to be tagged in the next chapter!!