𝐓𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐬 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐅𝐨𝐫𝐠𝐢𝐯𝐞𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐬

Start from the beginning

I don't give a crap if she hates me, more than she already does. I don't care what anyone thinks anymore..

Olivia's face became bright red, her eyes becoming wide with rage and her teeth gritted together. I think this was the first time I've ever seen her look so discheveled.. pft.

I suddenly felt a hot, sharp pain in my cheek. My hand instinctively reached up to touch the tender skin, disbelief settling heavily in my chest.

She slapped me. That old hag really slapped me..!!

Anger burned in my chest. On my face, through my arms, to the point I started to shake. "How dare you, unruly brat!! It's no wonder that his Majesty and her Highness want nothing to do with you!"

I just stood there, seething in anger. In reality, what could I do? I can't go crying to my 'daddy' or my 'big sister'. It's also my word against her's, a reputable maid. Even if I tell someone and they believe me, they'd probably think I deserved it.

Olivia seemed to gain a bit of her composure, wiping her hands on her skirt. As if touching me once had dirtied her hand. "You will reflect upon what you've done. Don't think that you can run around the Imperial grounds anymore, child."

With that, she slammed the door. Good hecking riddance.

﹕♡﹕

The hag didn't lie. After I eventually left my room, I noticed that two maids were standing by all of the doors leading outside the Ruby Palace. Well.. It's not like I was trying to leave, anyways.

There isn't anywhere for me to run off to anymore. I refuse to seek those people out.

So here I am, laying on the floor of some lounge room, a crayon on my hand and parchment in front of me. I was trying to write my name - Ambrosia. Tirvitae isn't big on education, if you aren't the High Priest or Priestress. So, I never learned how to read or write.

But I remember when I used to be able to. In my first life, when I was 'Hailey'. I loved to read, erm.. I was never good at stuff like writing and drawing, but I tried my hand at it sometimes. So I thought, I should remember how to do this, right?

..Wrong! As it turns out, this entire time I've been speaking a whole other freaking language!! English doesn't even exist in this world, hmph.. But even if it did, I'd still have a problem with actually writing what I knew. Cause with what I can do right now, I'm basically just scribbling.

I guess I lost that muscle memory when I died. Makes sense, I guess.

Still, I felt kind of annoyed by it. If I can't win the love of an important figure, I have to figure out a way to support myself. And that should start with gathering knowledge!

But- How can I do that when I can't even read or write? At my age, Athy was already in advanced education..!

I sighed, letting my forehead hit the carpeted floor. This is getting me nowhere..

Just as I was in the midst of throwing a pity party, I noticed a pair of feet stride across the floor in front of me. It certainly wasn't the shoes the maids wore, so I looked up out of curiosity-

..And it was Felix! Looking down at me with a lop-sided grin, I could only wonder what the redheaded knight was doing here. Part of me was glad to see him, since he'd been the only kind person to me until this point.

But the other half of me felt apprehensive.. There's no way Felix would just visit me off of a whim. So what was he here for?

"It's been a little while, Princess." He spoke with a casual tone, "How have you been?"