𝐓𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐬 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐅𝐨𝐫𝐠𝐢𝐯𝐞𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐬

𝐖𝐨𝐫𝐝 𝐂𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐭: 𝟔.𝟒𝐤
𝐓𝐖: 𝒄𝒉𝒊𝒍𝒅 𝒂𝒃𝒖𝒔𝒆, 𝒆𝒂𝒕𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒅𝒊𝒔𝒐𝒓𝒅𝒆𝒓

﹕♡﹕

Warm rays of sunlight peered into the room, casting over my figure, as if the sun itself was trying to cheer me up. But I wouldn't work.

Curled up into a ball, I laid on my bed, staring at the wall across from me with tired eyes. Ever since that day.. It sort of felt like everything around me crumbled. The small semblance of peace and safety that I deluded myself into believing - it shattered.

My original plan was to cling to the leg of Athanasia, the female lead, for my protection.. But she doesn't want me. She doesn't like me, enough so that she'd gossip with her friends about me.

And Claude? Hah! I could never rely on him. I couldn't even think about such a stupid idea.

If the first official meeting with my father told me anything, it was that he didn't give a crap about me. No one here.. gives a crap about me.

And you know what? I don't want them, either. If they're going to reject me, then I'll just reject them first.

I'm okay being on my own. I don't need anybody else..

...

Soon there was a knock at my door. I didn't even need to wait to see who it was, I already knew, based on the way the door just flung open without even waiting for me to tell her she could come in.

It was Olivia, my so-called 'Nanny', and the Head Maid of the Ruby Palace.

She seemed to be in a pretty bad mood, and I already had a few guesses for what this was about. With her hands on her hips, she stormed through the doorway and stood in front of my bed.

"When you arrived here, I gave you very specific orders, young lady." She started. I was pretty used to her lack of respect for me at this point - It was obvious that no one here considered me an actual member of the Imperail Family. Except maybe Felix.

"And yet you continue to disobey! You went against me and not only bothered Princess Athanasia, but his Majesty the Emperor himself! You went and wasted their precious time, and now that's reflected poorly on me!"

Hah?.. What, did Claude or Athanasia complain to you? That why you're yelling at me now?

"I am your caretaker! You must listen to me!" The woman practically roared. Normally, I just kept my trap shut when the maids talked to me, especially Olivia. It's easier to let them vent their frustrations, they leave faster when I don't resist.

But.. I hated it. I hated how she, and everyone else talked to me. Treated me. You call this taking care of me..!?

Swinging my feet over the edge, I pushed myself off of the bed to stand upright. I glared at her, "Isn't it your fault for not keeping an eye on me? And I'd hardly call dressing me in rags and feeding me slop 'taking care' of me, you Hag." I spat, using the harshest tone I could muster.

" I spat, using the harshest tone I could muster