𝐒𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐬 𝐑𝐞𝐮𝐧𝐢𝐭𝐞𝐝

𝐖𝐨𝐫𝐝 𝐂𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐭:  𝟑.𝟒𝐤

﹕ ♡ ﹕

"Mmn.."

A bright light spilled into the room, flooding my rustic living quarters with a warm and lovely sunrise.

I would have enjoyed it, if I didn't want to so desperately roll back over and go back to dreamland. Because of how excited and nervous I was, I hadn't been able to sleep well the previous night..

Slowly, my eyes adjusted to my surroundings, the fuzzies in my vision dispersing as the rest of my brain woke up. With my mind clear, it suddenly hit me - the realization of how important this day was. My face brightened as an ear-to-ear smile spread across my cheeks.

"Ceremony day! It's Ceremony day!!"

I squealed, jumping out of my bed and stumbling onto the floor. It was the day I'd been waiting so anxiously for, the day that the High Priest - my Grandfather - would bless the visiting Imperial and Royal families from around the world!

And of course, that included my target, the Imperial family of Obelia!

It didn't matter that I was a little dizzy from the lack of sleep, or how my tummy growled in desperation for something to eat. I could only focus on one thing; going forward with my plan!

..What were the details of my plan? Oh, it was devious, I'll tell you!

Sure, being recognized as the Emperor's daughter and being taken in sounds easy enough on paper... actually. Scratch that - it sounds ridiculous to even humor.

So that's why I had to be extra careful about how I planned this. Knowing that bastard Claude, he would just tell me he didn't give a crap about me and leave me here! No matter how much I begged!!

For that reason, I couldn't rely on him to be my ticket out of here.

Athanasia, the kind female-lead, was my next obvious answer to look to - but she wasn't a secure bet either. Though she was now Crown Princess, and Claude loved her dearly, there was no guarantee that she would be able to convince Claude to take me with them. And that's if she even decides she should take me, anyway!

There's a real possibility that she might see me as a threat, and compare me to how Jennette was introduced in 'Lovely Princess'

There's a real possibility that she might see me as a threat, and compare me to how Jennette was introduced in 'Lovely Princess'. Until I form a bond with her.. I unfortunately can't rely on Athy, either.

So what can I rely on? Publicity.

Important families from all over the globe are going to be gathering at this one very place for a once-in-a-decade ritual. All of their attention will be focused on the Ceremony, so if I happened to disrupt it and cause a disturbance..

All eyes would be on me. Me, with jeweled eyes that only belong to one family, that always seemed to be the center of attention wherever they went.

The Obelias.