1: Trouble

The smell of rotting wood, damp stone and wet cloth filled Hikari's nose as he walked through an alley.
This is not Hiko's story, this story is Hikari's.
(You know, Hiko's childhood friend.)
In this story the two are about fifteen.

Hikari stopped once he found someone waiting on him. Neither were happy to be here, maybe Hikari less than his buyer.

"You failed," the plump man with orange hair said bluntly. This was Hikari's buyer, called 'Orange'. His quirk was called 'orange juice' so that explains that.

Hikari stayed quiet as he recalled what he should answer. Yet what he should answer and what he wanted to were different, so he stayed quiet.

"Speak up, kid!" Orange said impatiently.

"Yes, I failed," Hikari said stiffly as he tried to keep himself from cussing the villain out.

"It was a simple job," Orange said disappointingly. Hikari clenched his fist as he remembered the amount of heroes almost catching him, the amount of difficulty that was undoubtedly not simple. Still Orange shook his head in disappointment. "Seeing you here, alive and well, I'm wondering wether you really tried at all..."

A footstep echoed through the alley. The slight drizzle had stopped, yet a droplet managed to fall on Hikari's head when he tried to see who was coming their way.

"Eyes here," Orange snapped and Hikari stopped trying to look. "You know what happens to people who disobey my orders?"

Hikari glared. "I do—"

"Clearly you don't!" Orange gritted his teeth, "Otherwise you'd be here with the damn tech!"

The footstep sounded again and Hikari felt someone standing behind him. He wanted to look behind him, but he didn't want Orange to get more angry. Hikari felt stuck in the fear and unfairness, but he knew that he just had to get out uninjured for now.

"What happens," Orange grumbled, "Is this."

Before Hikari could act someone punched him in his back. Hikari let out a cry as his legs gave out, pain surging through his spine.

A chuckle entered his ears and Hikari realised that his vision had blacked out. Whatever that quirk was, it hurt.
Orange grabbed his hair softly and pulled Hikari's head up a bit.
"Kid, you will try again, you hear me? You will try and succeed, even if it takes your life. Got that?"

Hikari managed a small nod. He feared to test his voice, the pain remained tauntingly strong and he didn't want to let out any noise.

Orange let go of his hair and stepped away. "Its you or your family, kid, I don't want to bother your family."

In the distance Hikari could hear Orange complaining about his reputation. As Hikari laid down on the ground the pain subsided. He closed his eyes for a moment before he got up and walked through the pain.
Maybe he could just sleep it off? Tomorow he had to go to school. Fortunately he was in general class...

A yawn left Hikari as he tried to think of important things instead. How was he going to break into a highly secured lab? He tried once, but he failed, and now what?

Hikari was at a loss for hope.

A/n: you asked for this!

I am proud to present to you: Healium five.
It took me a while to know what I wanted with the story, but after some caffeine, and a lot of thinking, I finally got some stuff on paper.
I hope the editing doesn't kill me.
(It did.)

Have a great day/night,

—Waffle