In the dim light, the man leaned against the railing of the steps. His handsome profile was buried in the shadows.

He lowered his head to light a cigarette. The corner of his mouth flashed orange for an instant, then vanished again.

He bit the cigarette lightly with his lips. His left hand casually fiddled with an exquisite silver lighter.

Chen Huaixiao glanced at Bai Yin, like a gust of cold and murderous wind sweeping in from the endless dark night.

Then he pressed the cap of the lighter which made a crisp click in the darkness.

He turned and left.

Bai Yin watched Chen Huaixiao's figure and knew he must have heard everything.

She casually shrugged.

Let him hear it then. After all, they were just fake husband and wife. Whoever falls in love first loses.

...

Chen Huaixiao returned to the Maybach sedan. Shen Bin asked doubtfully, "Master Chen, where is Madam?"

"Drive the car," the man said in a low voice.

Shen Bin glanced at Chen Huaixiao through the rearview mirror.

He was always calm and composed. It was rare to see him looking so gloomy. Even the dark clouds in his eyes seemed to spill out.

An hour ago, when President Chen heard that Madam was invited to the celebration banquet of The Assassin, he couldn't even wait for the meeting to end and rushed over, worried that Madam would suffer the slightest grievance.

How could he come out alone now with such an unpleasant expression?

"Master Chen, Madam is not wronged, is she?"

"Who dares wrong her."

Although Chen Huaixiao spoke calmly, it somehow sounded...resentful.

Shen Bin could only start the sedan and leave the banquet hall.

...

The sunshine today was great, warming people pleasantly.

Bai Yin was tending the flowers and plants in the garden. Her phone on the iron garden table vibrated. Bai Yin picked it up. It was Sun Lili calling -

"Darling, did you and Chen Huaixiao have a tiff?"

"Hmm?"

"All your engagements have been canceled, including the NIO skincare endorsement you got before." Sun Lili said anxiously, "This must be deliberate, right?"

Bai Yin was mentally prepared, so she didn't feel particularly surprised.

"He hasn't been home for a week."

Bai Yin knew Chen Huaixiao was upset. He hated being used the most. Not only did Bai Yin use him, but she also slept with him without an ounce of sincerity, only calculations and benefits. No wonder he was unhappy.

"What should we do about it?" Sun Lili was as anxious as an ant on a hot pan, "Riding on the momentum of The Splendid Robe, we should strike while the iron is hot. Now the engagements are canceled without any jobs. Baby, why don't you go apologize and soften up to him?"

Bai Yin rejected Sun Lili's proposal.

He regarded her as a substitute, but didn't allow her to take advantage of this marriage?

"Lili, I remember the new artists signed to Brilliant Star Media have a 3-month intensive training camp for trainees, right?"

"Yes."