Just when I go to swing my sword at Mikoto a third time, he slams his hand against my stomach and says, "Lightning Style: Lightning Burst!"

I scream as the lightning crackles through my body.

"Izayoi!" Kakashi exclaims fearfully.

I slump over in pain and that gives Mikoto the chance to send me flying backwards with a powerful kick. I grunt at the pain but I land safely in the arms of my husband.

"You okay, Izayoi?!" Kakashi gasps, but I'd already lost consciousness.

Third Person's P. O. V:

Kakashi feels worry settle in him when his wife loses consciousness.

He gently sets her down and brushes back some hair before he growls angrily, "You'll pay for that."

"The Shoten is a dangerous weapon," The armored man says as Kakashi steps forwards and does hand signs. "It should not be allowed to exist."

Lightning begins crackling in the silver haired man's left hand, sounding like a bunch of birds. Mikoto looks at it curiously, knowing it to be Chidori from the rumours he'd heard.

"Chidori!!" Kakashi shouts, straightening up, before charging at the Yugure leader. He thrusts his hand forward but Mikoto dodges. Kakashi thrusts his hand towards Mikoto again, and again, and again, but the older man dances just put of his reach.

When Kakashi swings it at him again, narrowly missing the man's face, Mikoto rams his elbow into Kakashi's jaw, making him grunt, before he knees him in the side, sending Kakashi sprawling to the floor as the Chidori dies out.

Mikoto looms over Kakashi and holds out his hand. "Bansho Shuryo," He says lowly.

Kakashi's eyes widen as he feels his energy being drained from him. It was at that moment that Izayoi wakes up and groans, turning over to sit up on her knees. She lets out a gasp when she sees Mikoto standing over her husband, a hand held outward as he drains Kakashi's energy.

Izayoi grits her teeth, and, ignoring the pain in her body, forces herself to her feet before she charges at Mikoto. With a cry of exertion, the armored woman swings her sword and green energy bursts out.

It strikes Mikoto in the side, knocking him away from Kakashi.

Izayoi kneels in front of Kakashi as she asks in concern, "Are you alright?"

"D-Don't worry about me, Izayoi," He responds, starting to sit up. "I-I don't know what that was, b-but you need to get away from him."

Izayoi gazes at him for a moment, until Mikoto speaks up.

"Bansho Shuryo is an ability I possess that allows me to drain the life force of any living thing." Kakashi and Izayoi stare at him in disbelief. Mikoto holds out his hand to the brown eyed woman who stands up.

"I-Izayoi! Get away from him!" Kakashi urges, but she ignores him, readying her sword.

"I will defeat you, Mikoto!!" She vows before thrusting her Fairy Burst Jutsu forward. It narrowly misses the Senju.

"Lightning Style: Electro Phantom," Says Mikoto after doing fast hand signs.

Izayoi swings her sword again but spirit like forms of lightning spin around Mikoto, blocking the attack. He then holds out his hand and they fly for the scarlet haired woman.

Izayoi screams as she's hit by the powerful Jutsu. Kakashi cries out her name.

Izayoi soon collapses, sword dropping to the floor. Kakashi staggers to his feet and runs over to her before dropping to his knees and pulling Izayoi against him.

He cups her right cheek as he breathes, "Izayoi?! Izayoi, talk to me!" She groans and opens her eyes.

"K-Kakashi..." Izayoi manages to stutter.

"You're going to be okay," He reassures her, hugging Izayoi to him. "Don't talk, save your energy." Kakashi then whips a glare to Mikoto. "You'll pay for this."

"You've mentioned that before," He mutters. "You can both die together." The spirit like forms start spinning around him again.

Tears of pain and anger drip down Kakashi's face as he holds his partially unconscious wife in his arms. He doesn't even try to move.

Kakashi buries his face in Izayoi's hair when he hears the lightning crackling towards them.

There's the sound of running feet and a cry of rage before it's followed by a loud grunt of pain.

Kakashi whips his head up to see Naruto slugging Mikoto with a kick that knocks him back and diverts the Lightning Jutsu, causing it to hit the wall instead.

Kakashi lets out a gasp, "Naruto!!"

"I'll never let you kill Izayoi Sensei and Kakashi Sensei!!" Naruto roars, fury blazing in his cerulean blue eyes. "Not as long I'm around!!"

 "Not as long I'm around!!"