3. Maid Cafe

"Maid cafe?"

One of your classmates asked, looking you over as you hummed.

"Table for one, Akio-sama?" You smiled brightly, watching him tense up as a small red tint painted his cheeks while he nodded.

You nodded, leading him into the classroom the volleyball clubs had decorated and moved around to look like a cafe.

You stopped at an empty table, setting his menu down as you smiled back at him again. "Someone will come help you out shortly." You smiled again, stepping away as you walked back to the front to greet the other customers, feeling Akio's eyes stuck to your back.

His attention only taken off of you when another person dressed in a maid outfit stepped up to him.

He looked up, face instantly going white as he made eye contact with Shirabu.

Shirabu scowled at him, basket in tow as he glared down at him. "Phone in the basket if you wish to stay."

Akio scowled, gripping onto his phone for a short second before glancing around to see the volleyball girls prance around with maid outfits while serving different customers. Sighing, he dropped his phone in the basket.

Shirabu hummed. "You'll get it back after you pay."

You glanced back at Shirabu walking away as he nodded, you nodded back, turning forward with a bright smile as you welcomed the arriving guests.

The morning passed by similarly.

A couple of the guys weren't fond of the idea of having to wear a maid costume, so they settled with a chef one as they stayed in the back to prepare the food.

Other ones were bribed into wearing it... like Shirabu.

Unlike Kawanishi and Goshiki who were happy to wear the costumes when you had asked them to.

You looked back at them, running around with the outfits. Although they had gotten longer outfits to cover more of their legs, they still showed plenty of their (hairy) legs.

You softly snickered to yourself, leaning against the stand you were using to greet all the customers.

You were watching the boys when you sensed a presence behind you, instantly putting on your practiced business smile as you greeted the guest.

"Welcome to Shiratorizawa volleyball club's maid cafe, is there somewhere in particular you'd like to sit?" You acknowledged, your eyes shooting up when you heard the customer's voice.

"Wherever is the closest to you, Y/N-chan."

Your business smile fell as your mouth slightly hung open, taking in the man before you before smiling even brighter.

"Waka-san!" You cheered, leaning in to hug him as he lightly chuckled and hugged you back, patting the top of your head before you stepped back to look up at him. "Come in, I'll tell the others that you're here."

You led him into one of the free seats, quickly going to the back to let the others know and to switch out as hostess with one of the second years.

You walked back out when you had successfully found someone to cover for you, approaching the seat where you had left Ushijima to see him talking to Kawanishi and Shirabu.

"We gotta go, but we'll see you later, Ushijima-san?" They asked, getting a nod in return before walking back to where they had to be.

You happily skipped up to Ushijima, smiling at him as you sat down right across from him.

He smiled, setting down the printed menu as he leaned in. "So... how's it been?"

-

"That does seem like a lot." He offered, resting his chin on his palm as he looked at you with scrunched brows. "Just take it one step at a time, Bunny, there really is no other way."