2. Stand

"Captain!"

You turned around, nodding your head as some second and first years walked up to you. "Yo."

"Coach is calling you to his office."

You hummed, thanking them for passing the word before turning back to walk to Kojima's office.

You stepped in, slightly bowing in greeting to him and the other coaches in the office before walking up to his desk.

He hummed, setting down the notebook he was holding before looking back at you.

"I had a look at your availability form." He said, pushing his glasses up as he looked at you with a blank expression. "And I'm going to need a bit more time than that, Oikawa." He sighed. "Being captain isn't a huge time commitment but it's still a pretty hefty one." He ended, taking his glasses off before setting them down on his desk.

"Can you commit?" He asked, looking at you pressing your lips together as you nodded.

"Yes, sensei."

He hummed, turning back to his desk to pick up your availability form before passing it back to you.

"Edit it as soon as you can so we can start planning out the training camps and other important meetings." He said, nodding when you took the paper back from him and excused yourself.

You silently walked out his office, looking down at your form as you tried to think of ways you could increase your free time.

You sighed, stopping in the middle of the hallway to slump back against the wall before sliding down to sit on the floor.

"We need to add more practice." You mumbled to yourself, knowing that you were the one with the idea, which now came back to bite you in the ass.

You pulled your knees up, leaning your head on them as you recomposed yourself before standing up again and nodding to yourself.

"Let me go fill this out so we can pick the training camp dates." You murmured, jogging to the changing room in search of a pen.

-

"Oshima!" Kaneko called out, setting the ball in a quick to one of the three second year starters. Oshima Tomomi.

Oshima jumped up, connecting with the ball all but shakily as she shot it down in a cross, the first years on the opposite side easily picking it up.

They set up their attack as their middle blocker jumped up to spike it in a quick as well. Riana Shitaoobora.

You jumped up with Nakamoto right on time, feeling the sting of the ball hitting your palm before ricocheting back down on their side of the court, whistle blowing right after. Nakamoto Rino: Nakamoto Yuri's (one of your past senpais) younger sister. Only that Rino was a middle blocker, unlike Yuri who's a setter.

"Nice quick, Rina-chan." You complimented, smiling at her as she coyly smiled and thanked you for the compliment before you turned to their setter. Ikoma Rina. "You too, Ikoma-chan. I can see your sets getting steadier."

She nodded enthusiastically, thanking you for the compliment as well before you turned to look at Oshima, who flinched when she met your eyes.

"Practice your quicks, Oshima-chan. If Kaneko isn't available then I can stay and help you but that's one of our most used attacks, it'd be best to solidify it into muscle memory."

Oshima visibly deflated, nodding to your words as she mumbled a small "Yes, Oikawa-san."

You softly snorted, walking up to her to pat her head, which caused her to look up at you in question.