Chapter 13:Trial

In the quaint seaside cove , where the rhythm of the waves against the cliffs provided a soothing backdrop, James and Net found themselves at a pivotal crossroads.

Once inseparable, the complexities of life and unmet expectations had woven a silent wedge between them. The air between the pair had grown tense, a stark contrast to the effortless camaraderie that once defined them.

The place, known for its tight-knit community and picturesque landscapes, served as the silent witness to their unfolding drama.

James, with his introspective nature and a heart big enough to envelope the entire town, had been doing a lot of thinking. Despite the distance that had grown between them, he couldn't shake off the vivid memories of better days with Net-the laughter that echoed through the old, cobblestone streets of Cove, the shared dreams under the canopy of stars, and the silent understanding that had once made words seem superfluous.

One crisp, afternoon, as leaves danced whimsically to the ground, painting the town in hues of fire and warmth, James extended an olive branch to Net. He proposed a three-month trial, a period for them to deliberately work on mending the fragile threads of their relationship. This was not just a second chance; it was a testament to James's belief in the power of growth and forgiveness.

"The thing is, Net," James began, his voice steady but imbued with an undeniable warmth, as they sat on their favorite bench overlooking the sea, "I believe in us. I believe that relationships aren't just about the good times. They're about sticking through the challenges, learning, and growing together. What do you say to give us another shot, to work through this-together?"

The proposal came at a time when the cove was transitioning from the vibrant life of summer to the reflective quiet, symbolizing change and the possibility of new beginnings.

James suggested they ground their trial period in communication, openness, and making time for each other. They'd start with weekly check-ins at their bench by the sea, discussing anything and everything-no topic was off-limits. This process was about rebuilding trust, rekindling their bond, and ensuring that the foundation they once had was not just restored but strengthened.

As the sun dipped below the horizon, casting a kaleidoscope of colors across the sky, Net, moved by James's sincerity and the memories of what they once shared, agreed. This decision wasn't just about giving their relationship a second chance; it was about rediscovering themselves and each other.
-------

Now it's time to face the reality. Time to go back.

Net sat on the driver seat and I sat beside him.While he was driving his right hand hold my left hand.Its s long ride from the resort to Bangkok. I fell asleep while he focused along the road.

Almost 11 in the evening, he wake me up to tell me that we are now in my condo building.

"James ,wake up babe .Where here na"

"Hhmmmm"I slowly open my eyes and look around. Yes we're here na.

We walk holding each other hands because there's no more people around until we reach my room . I saw him tired so I offered him to drink some coffee.

I went to the kitchen and made him hot coffee, while he was sitting on the sofa in the living room.

"You look very tired, drink it first" I handed the coffee to him.

"Thank you, babe" he smiled at me and I smiled at him too.

"Net, I'll just change my clothes first. You can also watch TV there if you want "

I went into my room and chose a dress to wear and just put it on my bed. I just took a quick half bath and got dressed right after.

I went to the living room but saw that the TV was on but no one was there, I wondered where Net was and wondered if he had left. I was a little sad because he didn't even know how to say goodbye if he would leave.