27

Kurt was overwhelmed. He thought he would have a nice evening home alone, but now he was engaged and had a beautiful future in front of him. Kurt had planned to ask Blaine at Nationals, but this moment was more perfect than he could have imagined.

Blaine pulled Kurt towards him, so that Kurt was laying over him. Their lips met and they kissed like they haven't kissed in months. Both of them put so much love into their smooching. It was greedy and inquiring.

Kurt was overwhelmed by how much he was feeling right now. He loved this man with all his heart and even more. He couldn't describe it. Blaine's hands wandered under Kurt's shirt, which made him moan a little.

Suddenly, Kurt's phone rang. "No..." Kurt groaned and searched for his phone. "What?" He asked annoyed. "Hey, lover boy. We will behome in five minutes. Whatever you two are doing, keep it PG! I have told it Blaine, I don't want to hear anything!" Santana responded demanding.

Kurt hung up without a word. "They are coming back" Kurt told Blaine disappointed. "Remember where we were. We will catch up on that!"Blaine promised and stood up. A few minutes later, Rachel and Santana came through the door.

"Oh, Blaine... why are you gay?" Rachel sighed and looked at the candles. "Sorry, but absolutely no one can change that" Blaine responded and greeted her. They cleaned the room and Kurt dragged Blaine into his room as soon as everything was where it belonged.

Kurt and Blaine cuddled in bed but couldn't go to sleep. Not after such an evening. "I want to keep it a secret for a little bit. I just want to enjoy our time in our little bubble for a while if it's okay" Kurt suggested. "Of course. Maybe we can tell everyone at Nationals" Blaine responded.

Oh no. Here it would come. Our finely thought out lie. "About Nationals... I cannot be there" Kurt said and looked at their intertwined hands. "What? Why?" Blaine asked confused. "Isabelle has asked me to go see that very huge fashion show on that weekend. I have told her that I can't come because of you and Nationals, but I could not change her mind" Kurt explained.

"Santana and Rachel can't come either. Rachel has a rehearsal and if she misses it, she will be kicked out. Santana has to do a video shoot for her next advertising and has to go to Canada. Don't ask. I don't get it either" Kurt went on and had to suppress a laugh. Their lies were really good and understandable.

"It's okay. I am the last person who is standing in the way of your career. If Isabelle wants you to do it then it is the right choice. Don't worry about me" Blaine responded and smiled at him. "You are the sweetest person in the whole world and the best fiancé I could think of" Kurt was truly moved from Blaine's reaction to his lie.

"I love you, fiancé" Blaine smiled and gave him a sweet kiss. "Love you too. Forever and ever" Kurt added. They talked for hours and used their new nicknames so much that everyone outside would think it would be annoying. But for them it was the best thing that ever happened to them.

Even in the morning, Kurt couldn't realize what just had happened. He was surprised by himself that he was fine with getting married at such a young age, compared to his reaction to Rachel and Finns engagement last year. But so much had changed in this year and Kurt was sure that he would never love someone that isn't Blaine.

"Morning, sunshines. Are you awake?" Rachel screamed through the apartment. Blaine winced and woke up. "Morning" Kurt smiled at his newly fiancé. "Morning, love" Blaine responded and gave him a sweet kiss. "Ready to face our lovely mafia? I think they will find it out in minutes!" Kurt suggested. He would never underestimate his best friends. "I bet against it" Blaine smiled challengingly at him. "Okay... We bet for... free ice-cream for the other, okay?"Kurt suggested. "Okay, I'm in"

Both of them stood up and joined Rachel and Santana at their little breakfast."Morning. What do you want to do today? You are in New York. We can go sightseeing" Rachel suggested to Blaine and smiled at both of them.

"Sure, why not" Blaine nodded. "How is school?" Santana asked instead. "It's okay. I would lie if I would say that going to school is no problem anymore, but I sang in Glee Club yesterday and it felt more normal again" Blaine said.

"What? You sang? Why didn't you tell me yesterday?" Kurt asked confused."Uhm... we had other things to talk about, remember?" Blaine responded and looked at him invitingly. "Oh... right. How was it?"Kurt asked and blushed a little bit. Normally, they talked about their day on telephone at night, but yesterday there was no call.

"It was amazing. I sang with Tina and it was so emotional..." Blaine started. "Uhm, boys? Why are you wearing rings?" Rachel asked confused and looked at their ring fingers. Blaine stopped in his narrative and blushed. Suddenly, Rachel's mouth fell open and she looked at them in shock. "No way! You are engaged?" Santana asked.

"You owe me ice cream, Anderson!" Kurt proclaimed and laughed. "Oh come on. Couldn't you just say nothing?" Blaine begged the girls. Both of them were very confused about what was happening. "Yes, we are engaged" Kurt announced and the girls jumped up and hugged both of them. "That's why you were so nervous and secretive yesterday"Santana determined.

They used the whole morning to tell the girls how they both proposed and that they want to look for an own apartment. Both of them understood that but were very sad. That would be the end of an era. The end of that chaotic living situation.

The four of them went on a sightseeing tour for the rest of the weekend, Kurt got his ice cream from Blaine and they enjoyed every minute of their time. But as always, those weekends passed way too fast.

Kurt saw himself at the airport, saying goodbye to Blaine, way too fast. They decided to say goodbye properly, because last time with no goodbye, was harder than they could've imagined. Blaine was extra sad because he thought they wouldn't see each other in three months. Kurt knew that that was wrong and that they would see each other in one and a half months, but he couldn't tell him that.

Like always it felt horrible to let Blaine go. But Kurt found comfort in the fact, that they had a whole life together, always on each other's side. He loved that fact and he couldn't wait to start their future together.