CHAPTER 4: ALONE

Magen looked tall. His stature didn't look like the one in the hologram at all, and everything down to his clothes were different. Despite being represented as more of a sage, a friendly figure, seeing him in person made me reconsider my opinion of him.

"This is the boy I was talking about. He's new here, inexperienced. Maybe you can change that." Onix said. "And what power does this young boy have?" Magen asked. "Portals. A rarity nowadays, isn't it?" Onix replied. Now that he's closer, I also see wounds on Magen, but I decide not to mention it. "Has Cyanide been dealt with?" Onix asked. "No. That brat is stronger than I expected. But, let's get to the important stuff." Magen says, as he turns to me. "So, you're the new destroyer." He says, in a serious tone. Destroyer? "What's that?" I ask. I see him take a quick, sharp glance at Onix, before going back to me. "You see, this place, it's corrupt. The Unknown World is becoming more and more dangerous, eating itself in the process. That's why it needs to be cleansed. That's why we need a Destroyer. I see a great future in you. Join us, and we'll show you the way." What? Me? A Destroyer?

Clearly, Magen notices my discomfort. "Is there something wrong?" He says. But before I can reply, Onix steps in. "He's probably just scared from what happened to him just a couple of minutes ago." I can now breathe a bit knowing that he isn't going to kill me.

Well now I should go on and actually look at him. His eyes have shadows under them, his heavy white coat looks like a king's robe, and even then. Instead of a crown, he wears a purple top-hat. He's wearing some type of purple jeans. This doesn't make sense, at all.

"Can you elaborate a bit further? I still don't know why me out of all people got chosen for this." I said, with a raspy tone. I don't understand what I feel right now. Is it happiness? or is craziness? I don't really understand anymore.

This is so strange.

"I see. Well, I can tell you one thing.." Magen said, as he looked toward his back. We hear beeping. As I look further, I can see a silhouette that's wearing some type of goggles. He leaves before anyone saw him, but I get a glimpse of his hair, the hair looks...Wait a minute, is that? I must be seeing things.

A loud ringing noise goes off in my ear as I stare into what seems like buildings falling, until someone grabs my sweater and pulls me. "JAX! LISTEN TO ME AND RUN!" Onix said. I zoned out. I paced my legs and began running.

It seems to me like there's bombs scattered everywhere; Wherever I run to, I just hear beeps all around me. This isn't a good thing, at all.

I find cover to put myself on and then suddenly, my portals start going crazy. It's almost like a malfunction just went off in my hands. "What. The. Hell?!" I said to myself. I land back in some white room, like a facility room. A window is near me, so I look out of the window to see around 3 buildings collapse.

Well that's just tragic. I'm happy I made it out alive though. My head feels really punch- drunk though; All those explosions made my head hurt. Onix teleports to the same room, and he's alone. "What the?!" He said, "Where am I?"
"I think what you should be asking is where is Magen." I said, with a stern expression on my face.

"I teleported him to his office, but my portals went out of control a second later!" Onix said, with a true and honest expression on his face. "Well, let's go see if he's in his–" I get cut-off before I could finish my sentence. A guard enters the room, "I am here to retrieve Jax Trevor." He grabbed my arm and took me through the halls.

The halls were big, and they had a smell that was quite similar to a fresh book. I almost feel scared, because of these halls. The halls were something fresh out of a government office.

I get lead to Magen's office, but he looked a little disappointed. Almost as if I hadn't met his expectations? His expression is weird to describe. "Oh well, seems like this was the last of my plans." He said, "But, I guess it is what it is." I look at him with a confused expression, or at least I hope I was. "What do you mean?" I said. He responded with "Jax. due to the unexpected amount of malicious people, I have to challenge you to something. I know this is unexpected, but I have to challenge you to a duel."