Chapter 2: THE VALLEY BETWEEN LIFE AND DEATH

Is this where my friends have been, all this time? I almost can't believe I am in a strange world, so much so that I slap myself in the face to make sure I'm not dreaming. The villagers who saw me were shocked, to say the least. I try my best to leave the place without drawing too much attention. The huts and houses are made of wood and stone, they definitely look like something straight out of a medieval movie.

I notice that my hands are pulsing with some kind of electricity. What is it? I pointed them away from my face, and a portal opened beneath me, swallowing me whole. I came back from the side and I just sort of...flopped. This is super weird. I can spawn portals, go to anywhere now. What could happen if I just were to go back, how could I even do what I did?!

I have so many questions. The villagers sort of just stare at me with a blank look on their faces. Maybe they wonder how it happened too? What if I ask them. Meh, might not be the best idea. I need to get things, and badly. I have nothing in my backpack, and I need to definitely store food for later. I'm lucky I got the $40 on my drawer, but I do hope that they take my currency.

I wonder what the villagers think, about seeing someone use portals. Oh wait...I remember.

My mom told me about a story a long time ago, "The Unknown World, something so dark and devious no one would want to go if they knew what was really there. A man named Phoenix stayed there for all eternity while his friends got the short end of the stick. They all left while he stayed. There is only 6 powers known. Sun, Portal, Healer, Gunslinger, Immunity, Speedster. In there anything and everything could happen."

I go back to the village and I find a shop. "Tavern Shop." I dash in and I enter the shop with my peace of mind. The store, filled with the smell of bacon and applewood and it looks like a fancy restaurant...but with clothes. It smells so nice in here, and then someone talks to me. "Hello sir! Welcome to the Tavern Shop! If you find anything you like then you can buy it!" At least someone didn't look at me funny.

I just kind of stare at the clothes as I see the greatest things. I go to the clearance section and try to find the cheapest things in my size. My backpack grows in weight and starts pulling me back. I fall on my back with my backpack. "Hello sir? Are you alright?" the shopkeeper asks me. "Yeah! I'm alright..." I said in a quiet tone.

I get up and I begin running fast. I think the shopkeeper may have think I stole something but nope. My backpack is just really heavy for no reason at all. As I exit from the shop I notice that everyone's looking at me, whispering at each other. I look around more carefully, and see that a crowd has gathered around me. They seem to really be angry.

The villagers begin chasing me really fast. I think they may be speedsters. I scream loud as I run for my life. I think they imagine me as a bad person now. "Come on! Come on! OPEN! GO!" I yelled, as I try to open a portal.

The portal opens and I fall flat on my face. I look up and I see a platform up top. I'm in a tower but it looks like there isn't any real way to leave. I see four buttons in front of me. Red, blue, yellow, and green. I look up and see the four colors on different steps.

I can see the patterns in an instant. I press the red button, green button, then the yellow button, and the blue button. The platforms slide out and I hop on each one. I hop around, and hop around. Almost like a bunny. My legs are as fast as a bullet. I finally hop up to the last step, but as I'm about to reach the final one...My foot misses the step.

I see my life flash, the portals wouldn't open and I was about to die. Thoughts begin flooding my head. "Am I really going to die like this?! Why won't a portal spawn!" I thank the people who got me here. My mom, my dad, and my friends. I don't have too many options now besides letting myself go.

It feels like slow motion. The slow wait of death to rise, I felt anxious to even say my words.

Until finally, something or someone grabbed me by my red sweater.