"That is very true." Stella leaned forward and planted an affectionate kiss on those dry lips. "And luckily, I've just had this virus, otherwise we'd be sleeping in separate bedrooms!" She teased in mock horror.

"I hated sleeping in the other room when you had it." Catching a loose curl that had drifted out of the loose bun on the top of her head, he wrapped it around his finger. "Not that it did me any good. I still picked it up."
There was a brooding look about him.
She knew he was restless, feeling ill and forced to stay locked up, was alien to everyone, but to someone like Kelly who loved the outdoors, it was purgatory.

Feeling bad for being the reason why he was sick, she stroked his cheek.

"I'll get you some of that chicken soup I made...Mr Ramos at the deli is sharing his recipes on instagram, and he said it's perfect for giving you some sustenance."

Kelly still looked sceptical however surprisingly when she heated it up, he ate it all, which made her happy.

Whilst she took care of some laundry, Kelly had dozed off, and Stella took the opportunity to grab the remote and change the channel. She had wanted to catch up with the last series of the bachelor, which she'd been saving and ordinarily, she would have watched it with Sylvie because they both loved it, but socialising wasn't going to happen any time soon for any of them, so watching solo was the new normal. Or watching it with who you lived with. And with Kelly's point blank refusal to watch any reality show, that wasn't going to happen anytime soon  either.

Grabbing a bowl of chips and settling herself on the opposite end to Kelly, she snuggled down under his blanket.

"I can't believe you watch this rubbish." Kelly was looking at the screen in disgust.

Surprised, to see him awake, she sniggered. "It's sooooo good, Kelly!"

But he wasn't about to be convinced and put the blanket over his head in protest, and Stella laughed, patting his legs. "It's addictive! EVERYBODY watches it!" She put a handful of chips into her mouth and munched on them.

"That's not strictly true. I don't watch it."

'That's because you see it as a blot on your masculinity!" Stella retorted.

"It is total horse shit... only a dick of a man would sign up for it." Kelly was dismissive.

"How would you know?! You've never even watched it!"

"I don't need to watch it to know that."
Anyway... What's happened to my Bears game?" The blanket had been lowered again, and the petulant teen look was back.

"You've seen that dozen's of times before..."

"It's one of the best games in our history....January 26, 1986. Superbowl XX." He told her, outraged at her dismissing a game of such historic importance!

"1986?! Jeez Kelly, that was about a hundred years ago! You need to get into the 21st century and watch reality t.v. It's compulsive viewing."

"It was 34 years ago, actually.." He defended. " And I'll pass, thanks.."

"I guarantee you, give it a chance, and you will be addicted."

"Not going to happen."

"Humor me."

"Stella... "

"Watch it with me, and I'll go fishing with you......if we're ever allowed to go out again, that is." Stella faced him with a challenge.

"You serious?" Kelly croaked after a moment, leaning forward, a little more interested now. Ever since that aborted date on the Chief's boat when he'd faced the embarrassment of having to be towed back to shore he had been trying to talk her into going with him again, but each time, she had turned him down with a smirk.